Just Returned from the Best Trip Ever

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone - I wanted to share what an amazing experience I had travelling to Peru with Nina from Ancient Summit. When I first began planning the trip I told her we were four girls looking for adventure, budget, and wanted to give to the community. She set up everything and we did not have to worry about anything while we were down there. We flew into Lima and took a quick flight to Cusco. Our tour guide picked us up for the airport and gave us a city tour as well as took us white water rafting. All such a blast. We had the nights to wonder around Cusco which is hands down a wonderful city. We were briefed each night for the activities the next day. Nina hooked us up with a three day two night hike through the Lares Trek. What a scenic path!! I would definately recommend this path if you are looking for an "off the beaten" path of getting to Macchu Picchu. Our guide was so knowledgeable and talked so much of the culture and histroy. Macchu Picchu is a site and I highly recommend getting there early so you can climb up Waynu Picchu (they only allow 400 people up per day). We then were taken to the Sacred Valley for a historical tour and enjoyed the best food ever at Nina's friend's house (who is such an amazing cook and welcomed us into her home). We then went to Puno where we visited the Floating Island of Uros and the Amantani/Tequile Islands. This was such a rewarding portion of our trip because were we not only enjoying the beauty but also got a chance to visit some of the libraries and a school in Puno. The kids are amazing and completely touched my heart. The projects Nina is involved in are such a great cause and the locals speak so highly of her. Nina is so passionate about Peru and the people and if you want the trip of you lifetime - book with Nina: http://www.ancientsummit.com/
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 05:39 AM

Is this an advertisement? FNG- sounds like you had a wonderful trip, but since this is your only post ever on the forum, it sounds a little too much like advertising for Nina.
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 08:07 AM

Nina-- go away.
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 08:41 AM

Unfortunately, FNG_815, your post sounds like an ad and may hurt rather than help Nina.
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 06:29 PM

Hello to all on this post - this is Nina. One of my passengers just wrote to me and told me about this thread and the not very nice messages about me. Fortunatley, my work and dedication speaks volumes and I do not need to resort to such silly tactics as may be believed here. How sad to be thrown into the same category as the known agencies who do this. Surely anyone who would like such a thing has never been to my website or contacted me privately. Might be best to do your homework before jumping to conclusions.

The only thing I am guilty of here, as I can see it is of helping people have really special visits to Peru while helping the Andean people through my projects there and then - asking them to spread the word if they did have a good time. So, mean people, luckily, I do not get contacted by folks like you and if I did, I would still work very hard to help you. If you did go to Peru, I hope you had a wonderful time. It's a very specail place.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 04:18 AM

When a newcomer posts a relatively short rave review and it is their only post on a board (be it here or elsewhere), there tends to be some suspicion about the source until independent research proves otherwise. Like it or not, that seems to be human nature.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM
pat

Nina, I see you have added your web address and email address to about all your posts. Sounds like advertising to me, which is against the rules. If you hadn`t done that, then you would be credible.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM

hijacking to ask question. how do you find out if it's someone's first or whatever post. curious. didn't know this feature existed here. cool. thanks.

sorry nina.

trish
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 05:08 PM

nevermind. figured it out. thanks.