just returned from Iberostar playacar

Apr 8th, 2000, 08:45 AM
kay

just returned from Iberostar playacar

I will try to answer any questions

Apr 8th, 2000, 11:47 AM
Sandy

This is one of the resorts were considering. Any info will be great. How was the food, room, beach? Do you think the resort would be good for pre-teens?How was the water, rough? Did you leave the resort and visit other areas? If so, was it easy to take a taxi or? Thanks.

Apr 8th, 2000, 01:57 PM
kay

hi Sandy, the room was average,no drawers for clothes,some shelves in closet. There is a small table,a chair and day bed. It was clean and comfortable. Most of the rooms are in the jungle with no view of the ocean . We thought the food was very good and varied. the Italian rest. was really good with excellant service. We didn,t care for the Mexican rest. and the service was not good. That was the only time that we had bad service the entire time. The people that work there are all very gracious and work very hard. The buffets had a great selection and most of the food was good. The bars had a very limited selection and many people were complaining about the drinks. The wine was really awfull. It just depends on what you like. The beach is beautiful, although it was really crowded. I thought that other resorts had better beaches. The pool is very large and not many people used it, but you could never find a lounge that wasn't being saved or used. This seemed to be a really big problem and people were getting really angry about it. The water was very rough while we were there. They had the harbor closed most days so the boats and water toys couldn't be used. It sounds as if this might be common. It is easy to get a taxi at the lobby. The town of Playadel carmen is a short ride. It is very safe and clean . There didn't seem to be much going on for kids, I have definatly seen better organized things to keep kids busy. It is however a family geared resort. I hope this helps you some. I think the Iberostar is a good value for what yow pay, there were other resorts in the area that looked really nice too.

Apr 11th, 2000, 02:35 PM
Sandy

Hi Kay,
Thanks for the great information. From the few pictures I've seen, the beach did look quite crowded. You mentioned other reorts had nicer beaches. Do you happen to recall any by name?
Thanks

Apr 12th, 2000, 08:42 AM
nicole

Hi there,

A few other all inclusive resorts right beside the iberostar are the Rui Yucatan, Rui Palace, Club Viva Maya and Gala Resort Playacar. They all have larger beaches than the Iberostar.