Just returned from Cancun

Oct 31st, 2002, 06:41 AM
Sarah

Just returned from Cancun

Wow, what a blast we had! I can help with any information as best as I can if you have questions. There are so many things to do and see there. post here with your e-mail address!

Oct 31st, 2002, 10:18 AM
Larry

Sarah-
Was there any damage from the recent hurricanes?

Nov 1st, 2002, 12:54 PM
sarah

No damage to hotels or beaches at all. The only thing I could see damaged were the huge billboards blown down- you see them when driving from the airport to the hotel zone. it was beautiful, you couldn't tell a hurricane passed by.

Nov 4th, 2002, 09:06 AM
joanne

We are planning a family trip in February. Do you have any info on charter fishing trips. We have 5 in our party that want to go fishing.
Thanks

Nov 4th, 2002, 11:43 AM
tabatha

where did you stay, any of the palace resorts? we staying at cancun palace in may 2003 during cinco de mayo! Did you go to any of the ruins?

Nov 5th, 2002, 05:21 AM
sarah

I didn't do any fishing trips. I did see a lot of people offering them though. We booked our tours/trips through Brant Boston, I can find his e-mail address, he offers a fishing trip. His prices are by far the lowest.

We stayed at the Gran Caribe Real. Very beautiful, all marble floors, and EXCELLENT staff. We did swim with the dolphins at Isla Mujeres, scuba diving, Chichen Itza--you won't be able to climb the pyramid after Jan. 1 and Captain Hook (a ship full of pirates giving a show and fights with another pirate ship out at sea at night. very cool!) You HAVE to stop to have a margarita at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. They were the best I've had my entire life! Kind of expensive, but worth it.

Nov 6th, 2002, 04:39 AM
sarah

Here is Brant Boston's web site address.
http://www.entertainment-plus.net/tours.html

Nov 6th, 2002, 01:24 PM
Dan

Hi Sarah,

Planning to go to Cancun on Nov 14th, booked Oasis Cancun. Did you venture in that direction and if so any opinion? What's close to this area and any recommedations? Bring our two boys ages 10 & 11. any info appreciated.
Thanks

Nov 6th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Diane

Dan:

Oasis Cancun is a little south of the middle of the hotel zone. It's in a nice area and the beach is nice too. Captain's Cove is nearby. it has a restaurant, a small dive shop and you can book the Pirate Ship cruise from there that is a big hit with families. You go out on a replica of a pirate ship and have dinner and then they stage a battle or whatever you call it with another pirate ship. The kids love it. There is a mall not far from the Oasis called Plaza Kulkucun (sp?) which is a short bus ride from the Oasis. I don't know anything about the hotel itself. Have fun!

Nov 7th, 2002, 02:59 AM
Ana

Will they forbid climbing the pyramid after Jan.1, or is it just maintenance?

Nov 7th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Sarah

The pyramid will be closing because of it's dilapidation. plus, the tour guide said tourists don't really respect it and being so old, it's really falling apart. it will just be a tour walking around it.

Dan-looks like Diane answered your questions! We went by the hotel when someone was being dropped off there, it looked nice. I also encourage doing the captain hook/pirate ship cruise. your family will love it! it's kind of pricey though, $50-$60/person. i'm not sure about children's prices though.