Reload this Page >

Just back from Cancun, any questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Nata;ie

Just got back from Cancun, if you have questions about Cancun post them, and I will reply. <BR>Had a wonderful time, no rain at all! <BR> <BR>Nataliw

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 03:01 PM
natalie

My name is Natalie.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Kristy

Hi Natalie- <BR> <BR>Sounds like a great trip, thanks for the information. I am going for my honeymoon in August. How were the hotel restaurants? Club Grill? Did you have a Club room? Are you able to swim in the water in front of hotel? <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance for your input <BR>Kristy

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 05:02 AM
robin

hi natalie - my family is going next week ..... how long were you there and where did you stay? what were the best parts of your trip? what activities / tours would you recommend?

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 06:43 AM
natalie

Kristy, Robin, <BR>Yes the water is wonderful in front of the hotel, you can swim in it all you want. We had dinner at the Club Grill and everything was wonderful, the service was great and the food was good. It is goof for special occasions (upscale, dressy, international food with a mexican twist). <BR> That restaurant and the Plantation House are very good restaurants in Cancun. <BR>It was very hot and humid, but we liked it that way. The beach in Cancun is spectacular, I have travelled through the Caribbean and South Pacific and I have to admit Cancun has one of the best beaches. <BR> It did not rain at all any day. I did not have a club room, but i had a spectacular ocean and pool view on the 7th floor with terrace. <BR>The Italian restaurant Fantino seemed to be very good also. <BR>We stayed for a week at the Ritz. <BR>We took a trip to Isla Mujeres, rented a car and went to Chichen Itza (Mayan ruins) and Xcaret. Xcaret is a very good place for children, it is about one hour from Cancun, you can take a tour bus there. <BR> <BR>Natalie

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 09:21 AM
jibe

Natalie, <BR>Tell if it is dangerous to drive in Mexico, are the roads in bad condition? <BR> <BR>Jim

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Cheryl

Natilie: <BR> <BR>How is the beach by LeMeridien? I am thinking of going to Cancun next spring with my husband(or Aruba) and am leaning towards LeMeridien. Want a place that is casual, but elegant and not too many families (with lots of kids at the pool). Definitely want to be at a nice stretch of beach ... is it swimmable in this area? How is the snorkeling? We are thinking of splitting our vacation ... 4 nights in Cancun and 4 nights in Playa Del Carmen (?Royal Hideaway) ... does this seem like a good plan?

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Kristy

Natalie- <BR> <BR>Thanks so much for the info, now I really cannot wait to go! <BR> <BR>Kristy

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 07:48 AM
Robert

To the top. Good info. <BR>

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 08:06 AM
benji

i'm curious about taking a bus from cancun to belize...any suggestions?

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 08:14 PM
Elizabeth

Going to Cancun the week of August 25th. Should I be worried about the weather/storms?

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 03:19 AM
sue

hi natalie, <BR>i stayed at a resort in riviera maya in july and the beach was not very nice, very rocky, not much for a sandy beach. i regret not going to cancun. is where you stayed at the ritz a nice long stretch of beach???