Ixtapa and Troncones, Mexico

Jan 17th, 1998, 09:37 PM
Shari

Ixtapa and Troncones, Mexico

I was wondering if anyone had any information about this area--any advice or experiences they wanted to share. I will be staying in Ixtapa at one of the top resorts the first 3 days or so of our vacation--we will then be heading up to Troncones and staying in a condo which is a more secluded area. Since we will be doing most of our own cooking at the condo---I was wondering if there is safe, bottled drinking water available for purchase in one of the stores in Ixtapa--and if anyone had advice on purchasing grocery items, etc. Or if anyone would like to share some of their experiences about their stay in this areaa. Any advice would be appreciated...Thanks!!!!!

Feb 8th, 1998, 02:05 PM
cgesy

You can buy bottled water in Trocones,as well as fresh fish. You can also purchase fresh vegetables from a man who sells from the trunk of his car about three days a week.

Feb 11th, 1998, 10:33 PM
Carrie Lee

Top Resort: Westin Brisas (is not on hotel row with all the rest, yet close to town). I seem to recall the Westins have been purchased by another corporation. Not sure if name has changed. May still be called Brisas. Top notch service, very gracious and professional. Request a room on one of the Royal Beach Club floors for twice a day maid service, daily paper, continental breakfast, happy hour.

Dine at Villa de la Selva (very near the Westin) at sunset; memorable! Also check our the restaurants on the Marina.

You can get bottled water everywhere, not expensive.

May 12th, 2000, 10:54 AM
peggy

Does anyone know about the weather in Zhijataneo in July? I hear it's the rainy season but can't seem to find any info.
I'll be at Trocones beach at the Regalo del Mar. If anyone has ever been or knows ANYTHING i surely would appreciate a response.

thanks!

Search this Thread