Search

itinerary assistance

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itinerary assistance

I also posted this on the Guatemala site, since we will go there first. With 11 nights, I am not sure if I am trying for too much. We land late at night in Guatemala City. That's the first night. Then:

2 nights Antigua
2 nights in the park at Tikal
3 nights in jungle lodge near San Ignacio Belize
2 nights Caye Caulker Belize
Fly out of Belize City in the afternoon

That leaves one night to play with where I need it. Maybe I need to eliminate one location? Any help is appreciated!
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 10:39 AM

www.lacasadelmundo.com Atitlan

from Antigua awesome do not miss.

subtract 1 night from San Ignacio

if needed otherwise looks good.
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:28 AM
AlJ

I'd try to add the extra day to Caye Caulker if you can. You'll leave there very relaxed.

I sort of agree with the previous poster on the jungle lodge. If you know you have three days of activities in mind, then go for it. Between Caracol, ATM and ziplining or other jungle stuff, you could certainly fill 3 days.

Sounds like fun since you are apparently willilng to move that much. Remember you lose a fair amount of time between San Ignacio and Caye Caulker just on travel.

www.alandsuejohnson.com has our Belize trip reports and pictures if you're interested. Belize link is on the left.

Old Dec 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Looks like a great itenerary. Lots of sites will be seen. I wouldn't take any time away from San Ignacio, there's more to do there than every other district combined. The cayes aren't really that amazing in Belize, but the Hol Chan Marine Reserve tour that Raggeamuffin Tours offers is the one reason to go to Caulker. In Cayo, I highly recommend Mountain Pine Ridge, Barton Creek Cave, and Caracol. If you take a shuttle from San Ignacio to the water taxi, it will take around 3 hours to get to Caulker.
If you'll be in Cayo for a while, check out my Best of Cayo website at http://janus.shc.edu.bz/in/marcus/co.../cayobest.html I list the best restaurants and bars... You must eat at Hannah's, it's the best food in Belize.

Have a great trip!
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you. I was called out of town for an emergency, and am just getting back to see all this advice. The more I read, the more indecisive I become. I guess it's good to be torn between one good choice and another. I will figure out how many day's activities are right for us in SI. Maybe that will decide it.