Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page > Itinerary and Car Rental in Honduras/El Salvador
Notices

Itinerary and Car Rental in Honduras/El Salvador

Oct 14th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary and Car Rental in Honduras/El Salvador

My husband and I are planning a trip to El Salvador next year. Does anyone know if the rental car companies will let you take a car across the border to Honduras? From Guatemala we couldn't. Also, is two days in San Salvador enough time? After we would go for a couple of days to either Suchitoto or La Palma and then La Libertad for a couple of days. Then depending on how we can get there, Copan.
Nov 21st, 2007, 09:17 AM

If you decide on Suchitoto, you could spend the night here. Then off early to La Palma and San Ignacio, cross the border and head out to La Entrada or Copan. It is a beautiful drive through the Salvadorian and Hondouran mountains. If you want more information do a search for Tourism Information Suchitoto. There you should find my contact information. I could recommend car rental companies that allow you to take cars out of the country.
Have a great trip
Jan 1st, 2008, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information, I checked with Avis and Budget and neither one will let us take the car across the border. If you could give us the names of the companies that allow it would appreciate it. We did decide to stay in Suchitoto and hiring a car from there (with a driver) is pretty expensive.

Search this Thread