ISLA MUJERES???? What's it like?

Old Dec 7th, 1999, 04:35 PM
Gretchen

ISLA MUJERES???? What's it like?

small group of 4 looking for budget lodging on Isla mujeres. We would like to stay OFF the beaten path.

Old Dec 7th, 1999, 07:29 PM
Webjefita

Try this link:
http://www.mexonline.com/amigonews/99november.htm

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 04:24 PM
Susan

We stayed at the Belmar Hotel, above Pizza Rolandi, and were very happy with our choice. It was low season and the rate was about $25 U.S./night. We had a very nice room. I imagine the rate is probably twice that during high season. We enjoyed Isla a lot - have fun!

Old Dec 11th, 1999, 02:22 AM
Luanne

Isal Mujeres is a small island that we spent one day on and rented mopeds to get around. It was very fun, not sure if there is enought to do for over 2-3 days, but maybe. they had a few beach clubs that looked really fun and the beaches were nice especially for swimming.

Old Dec 11th, 1999, 09:07 AM
rip

I stayed for only a couple of days, and I agree with the other visitors that isla is a must see while visiting quintan roo. It doesn't have the big resorts and hotels that make up the strip in cancun which makes for a peaceful stay. I saw a couple of small clubs there, but it's still nowhere near the nightlife on the strip. I went during the off season which made for a very pleasant stay at maria del mar on the northern side. It's close to the water, so the price was a bit higher starting at $55-60. I agree with susan, belmar is an inexpensive place to stay in comparison to other hotels and cabanas that are closer to the water. The restaurant tends to be loud but closes at 11 pm. There are other places for the same price range as well.

Have fun!