Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Is There a 3-Day Min. Stay in Most PDC or COZ Hotels?

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Pam

My husband and I are going to Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. The bulk of our stay is going to be in Playa del Carmen. What are the chances of us just landing in Cozumel and finding a hotel for one night? (Since we'll head to Playa the following morning.) Do most hotels have a 3-day minimum stay?

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 04:56 AM
Susan

I've stayed in 2 or 3 hotels down there and never heard of a 3 day minimum stay.

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 09:16 AM
Kathy

Hi Pam,

I own and run a small ( three cottage)B&B right in the down town of Cozumel, on Calle 7. It is set in a large tropical fruit garden and I have a large pool to enjoy. I do take one night reservations. My main web page is http://www.akumal.net/czm-prop/amigos.htm if you want to see some photos.. All my reservations are done by email to me at the listed box, [email protected]... Please advise what night you might be interested in... Thanks and hope to hear from you have a great weekend... Kathy

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 05:43 AM
peggy

Hi Pam
I think you can basically walk into any hotel and find a room for the night. Before we purchased our condo and were looking at properties - we often just rented for one night. I know most rental condos ask for 3-3 night minimum but hotels should be no problem at all.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 06:07 AM
texasgirl

A lot of the smaller hotels say on their website, or through their booking agent, that they have a three day minimum. but this doesn't hold up if you just walk in. I've never had a problem finding rooms, and usually they'll quote you a lower price than you might have heard here..