Is the Osa humid in February?

Jul 21st, 2005, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Is the Osa humid in February?

I've been reading posts about the incredible humidity on the Osa this summer. Does anyone know if the humidity more bearable in February?
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:26 AM

Hi Patrick - seems we will be swapping info to one another.

Not sure where you are headed, but, we were at Bosque del Cabo this past Feb and absolutely loved it!!

As for humidity, it did get very hot during the day, however in the evenings it cooled down a bit and there was a nice breeze. It also rained a little each night that might have helped to cool things off. We used the small fan and slept under just a sheet and were comfortable. I will add that my husband is much more hot natured than myself and he was fine.

But yes, it was hot during the day, take lots of water while out hiking.

At BdC there is a small pool that was nice to cool off in the middle of the day.
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:29 PM

We were there in February and it was plenty humid. The recent posting that mentioned "nothing every dries" sounded pretty familiar. But as we're from DC it was just like home to us.
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks dfarmer- I forgot that I had read your posts several months ago because we have booked Bosque for this February.
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:13 AM

I just came back from Osa and it was very humid. My understanding is that the only change in weather there is the amount of rain.

Corcovado Park and Cano Island are lovely. Have a great time.
Jul 25th, 2005, 05:20 AM

Patrick - wonderful, I certainly hope you are as impressed with Bosque del Cabo as we were. Fabulous place, people and area.

We did find the quick drying clothes to be a good thing here. Rinsed them out while showering, hung to dry.

Search this Thread