is nuevo vallarta too far from PVR

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to find a condo/suites hotel for my family of 5 (teens and younger) and I found that I keep coming up with place in Nuevo Vallarta...some post that this is too far from town if we want to go get dinner since we don't want to do a AI. Anyone have any suggestions to stay somewhere else or is this location not too bad. I think we'll definetly get a rental car.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 09:00 AM

Well it's a bit of a jaunt & further than I would want to be. Of course there are a number of outside restaurants up there & you have Bucerias near to eat in & explore but I just love Old town/El Centro so much that I would be miserable staying any where else. Also your teens I am sure would much prefer the city "action". Lots of condos off Playa Del Muertos for rent right in Old Town.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 09:13 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It's way to far for me... depending on just where it is 1/2 to 1 hour from downtown PV.

Because I love the downtown so much, and to me that's where all the great activities, restaurants, shops, etc. are located, I always stay in town.

If you are more interested in spending the day doing things at a resort, then Nuevo might be alright.

But for renting a condo (if it is not part of a resort with activities) I think Nuevo could prove a bit isolated especially for kids & teens.

Just depends what you are after. For some people, staying in town is too much hussle & bussle.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 12:35 PM

We took the bus (which was so cheap it was funny) from our all inclusive and it was less than a half hour into downtown.

Perhaps it has been built up so that the all inclusives are further and further north?

It really depends what you want. If you want the beach Nuevo Vallarta is the place. In town there is virtually no beach at high tide.

If you want night life, then maybe further in town is for you.

I've stayed at both and I prefer Nuevo Vallart, but then I love to walk on the beach, sea kayak and boogy board.

We still went into town and went out to eat - most places are pretty inexpensive anyway. However we did have food options as we were at an all inclusive.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The places closer to Bucerias are about 1/2 hour, the places closer to Punta Mita are closer to 1 hour.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 02:02 PM

I think it is too far.

Personally, I like to stay in Old Town. I have been pleased with both The Tropicana, and Playa Los Arcos both of which are on Playa los Muertos, in my opinion the best beach in town.

I love being able to walk to a myriad of different restaurants, shops, the flea market(Municipal Mercado), etc.

Frankly, I don't even like staying in the hotel zone. It is too far away from where you will want to be much of the time, and it can get costly taking a cab everywhere. Of course alot of folks that enjoy this area and the marina, have little interest in seeing much of Vallarta outside of their resort, so to each his own I guess.

The last 3 times I have been to PV, I never felt the need to venture much north of the Malecon except to go to El Pitillal, and embark on fishing trips from the marina.

Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:39 PM

Travel from Nuevo Vallarta is also longer now because they are working on two bridge areas and there is a BIG traffic tie up. I noticed this during August, so if you are going in high season, the time it takes to get into town will be longer. Try several travel agencies and you will come up with Condo options on Los Muertos Beach that are very comfortable. (This would be my choic.) Los Arcos is also an excellent choice because of location for you and the kids. Suites Emperador is another great location on Los Muertos Beach (not fancy but comfortable for the money). From Los Muertos Beach you can walk to many many restaurants, the malecon, the flea market by the river cuale, and more. AND in high season the beach is just fine for swimming.