Is anyone in touch with Cintia at this time

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2006, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to email Cintia but it is not going through. Anybody having trouble like that. How expensive a hotel does she book, i don't want to offend her by suggesting that I can only afford around 100.00-any suggestions on this. She has already charged my credit card for her service (she's given me an itinerary but its' not what I want)so I have faxed her what I want her to do for me. Should I be worrying that she hasn't really done anything yet or that my email can't reach her. Has anybody worked with Angelica -tour guide in Salta that Nicci recommended. If so, what did you think-is it worth it, or should we just rent a car and do it on our own. Thanks. Alana
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:12 PM

Alana, tripgirl posted a message earlier this week that Cintia was working with her but at the time was out of the office. I have never known her not to respond to a message or request if she receives it. She did have some problems receiving email from me about three months ago and I resent my messages and the problems were solved.
I know she books some high end properties but she handles less expensive ones as well.
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:17 PM

Cintia planned my trip to Argenina this past March.

-I never had any problem with communications. I always received a reply within a day, sometimes within hours.

-I did the research for hotels on my own, since I know best what would meet my requirments. It might help for you to be very clear about exactly what it is that you want in a hotel, and I have no doubt that Cintia will find something appropriate for you.

-Same goes for the itinerary. Being more precise about what you are looking for is quite helpful. What did you request and what did she offer?

-Yes, she does require a deposit (fully applied to the cost of your bookings with her) as plannng a trip can be very time-consuming.

Cinita has been one of the most responsive travel agents I have ever worked with, but then I tend to be rather concrete.

Also I have traveled a lot and by now I know what type of experience I am looking for when I travel.

Old Jun 1st, 2006, 08:33 AM

alana
do you mean the lady called Angie who tours in Salta. contact her if you have her mail. she is one of the most reputable guides in Salta and Jujuy.
Reliable, honest & knowledgable.
no doubt.

about driving a car in Salta. I wouldnt recommend it. There are some places where driving becomes a hazard.
I would recommend driving your car in Mendoza or Bariloche if you are planning to go there. Better signalled and safer roads.
But definitely, that is not the case in Salta.
good luck.
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 04:57 PM

Hi, I am in Montevideo now, but fly often to Argentina from this base.
(Personal matters) I always contact Cintia, NO PROBLEM of any kind, and again and again she helps me with all my needs. Simply re send your mails which for some reason might have not reached her...
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

I have emailed Cintia my hotel preference. In Iguazu she recommended Sheraton which I know is expensive, can anyone give me a price she's given them or suggested another hotel. I contacted Hotel St. George and they are 2 hours from the airport, so how close is the Sheraton from the airport. I'm planning on being there for one night only. Yes, I've emailed Angie at [email protected] from Nicci's report, so I hope that she'll get it. I have already rented a car in Bariloche. Glad to hear that Cintia is out of the office and hopefully tomorrow she'll be back. I know that her email is working because I haven't received any notices. So I'll repost in a few days. Thanks. Alana
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 05:53 PM

Sorry, Alana, my trip does not include Iguazu so I have no point of reference for you.
I will tell you that I got no bounce on my emails to Cintia, I simply resent and she let me know she had not received them. If you have not heard from her for over a day, resend the emails.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 06:03 AM

if i am not wrong salta`s guide is [email protected]

Though the Sheraton is pricey, it is worth paying it for only one night stay. Specially if the plane back to Buenos Aires is a 5pm, which is the best flight cause you have almost 2 days in the park. If the flight is the first in the morning stay in the park as long as possible and sleep in Puerto Iguazu, St. George is ok.

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I have faxed and emailed since Wednesday everyday and another one today as well. I've not heard from her, but I know she received the fax and no more bouncing that something is wrong with her email. So I told her what type of hotels we wanted, she hasn't given me a quote yet, so hopefully by next week I'll hear from her. I'm getting a little nervous, should I be that I might not hear from her again. Re Igauzu I plan to take am flight and get there at 9:30 am. and then leave the next day on a 2:30 flight to Salta. So 1 1/2 days at the falls and one night. I hope that Cintia can book me less expensive-not luxury hotels. Alana
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 02:26 PM

alana.
all TAs book according to the traveller`s budget. if you had made it clear, the TA will do it the way you want it. I dont understand why you will be offending sb with a 100 u$s rate?

Dont know about your dates but
be careful, only on Sundays AR flies to Iguazu at 7:55. the rest of the days much later.

Good luck
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

I have never worked with a TA before, so don't know what to expect. I have given her my info about hotels and have looked on differenct websites so I know I can get a nice hotel for about 100.00. It's been a week since I've heard from Cintia and have sent many emails, so I hope she'll reply this week. By the way, should I go to the Delta or Colonia area. I am going to Salta and someone remarked that I shouldn't go to Colonia-too similar to Salta, that's what I understood from her posting her. Can someone correct me on this. Thanks. Alana
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM

alana
i wouldnt go to Colonia if i went to Salta. People go to Colonia to see a colonial town in times of the Spanish rule, very interesting for the people who love history of the Viceroyalty.
It is a small town, friendly people and nice atmosphere.
Salta city and some other cities in the north and central part of the country still preserve the style.
I dont know who posted it, but I agree with it. I wouldnt go to Colonia, though I like Uruguay and their people

I am sure you will have an answer from your TA this coming week.
Good luck.
milla

Old Jun 5th, 2006, 06:09 AM

Cintia was the tour guide for my boss when he was in Buenos Aires two years ago. (I am responding because he can't.) She is VERY reliable; therefore, I can't understand why she is not responding to your emails. Can you contact her on her mobile?

Handmaiden of Th--
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 09:12 AM

Alana: We stayed at the St. George Hotel for two nights and it definitely is not two hours from the airport. I would estimate closer to one hour or less, and about 30-45 minutes from the hotel to the falls.

If you would like more info on the hotel, let me know.
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

Cintia emailed me today (monday). Her server has been out for a week, so there is a backlog. Could I please have some information about Hotel St. George. Not sure where I'll be staying in Igauzu yet. Thanks. Alana
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:32 AM

I am glad you heard from her, Alana. In my dealings she is prompt, business like and extremely helpful.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 05:28 AM

alana:

I had a similar experience with Cintia. I was wondering why it was taking so long for her to respond. Prior to the past week she was very prompt. Have you gotten any estimates from her yet?
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 09:25 AM

Hi, I was also having trouble the last few weeks, which was unusual because WOW has been so prompt in the past. Today I received a message from Cintia saying they have had email troubles. I would resend any emails to her.
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

I resent an email to Cintia today with my wishes for my trip. I haven't received any quotes for my trip yet. So I hope she'll reply soon.I've done a lot of research on hotels, flights, etc. so I can compare notes. I've been in touch with angelica from Salta (Nicci used her) and she replied almost immediately with a nice email. Alana
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM

Alana: Just noticed today you had asked for more info on the Hotel St. George. I did a long review on Trip Advisor and looked for it today so I could send it to you and for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be there any longer.

In any case, the hotel worked fine for us for two nights. Our room was shabby but clean and had a nice view of the pool area. The air conditioner worked well (you must ask the desk clerk to turn it on for you when you've been out and return to the hotel) and the bathroom was fine with a good shower.

The hotel was under renovation and I think if you got a room that had been remodeled you would be very satisfied. The location was good--the bus station is across the street and a few steps further. We took the bus from the falls back to town so were very close to our hotel after a tiring, but wonderful day!

We had dinner at the hotel one night (buffet) and didn't think the food was very good (buffet breakfast wasn't the best either). However, the second night we ate at poolside and had a really delicious hamburguesa, complete with cheese, bacon and egg. The pool area is very nice with lots of lounge chairs, hammocks, etc. and a nice little bar, serving drinks and limited food. Would we stay there again? Sure, again for a couple of nights. Maybe next time we would get a nicer, remodeled room.

Hotel Saint George, Av. Cordoba 148, Puerto Iguazu (3370)
e-mail: [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -