Interbus Problem -- please help?

Dec 26th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Original Poster
Interbus Problem -- please help?

I was wondering if anyone encountered this problem with Interbus. I took them from Puerto Viejo to San Jose. The invoice I got stated payment method to be CASH (Dollars). After we reached our destination, we gave the driver $50 for the journey. Then a few days after we got back to the states, I noticed Interbus also charged $50 to my credit card. I wrote them email regarding being double charged. Someone wrote back asking for the receipt number that the driver should have given me when I paid. Of course I didn't get any receipts!! Does anyone have any advice for me at this point?

Dec 26th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I don't have a solution for you, other than to ask if you dealt with any travel agents who could intervene on your behalf? We had a prepaid Interbus voucher from the airstrip at La Fortuna to Arenal Observatory Lodge. When we arrived at the lodge, we were told we owed $80. My husband started to pay until I interceded and gave my voucher to the gentleman. Since we had used a travel agent that has an office in San Jose, I told Interbus to contact them if there were any problems. It might help if you remember the driver's name and some particulars about him. We had another instance where our names were not on the list when they came to pick us up at the observatory lodge and we were left sitting there after they picked up another couple. We waited about an hour when the front desk of the lodge told us Interbus had just phoned and were coming back for us as there was a mixup and we did have a reservation but for some reason our name hadn't been put on the list, so I know they make mistakes now and then.

Search this Thread