Info on Porto Real Playa del Carmen

May 4th, 2000, 09:15 PM
Nancy

Info on Porto Real Playa del Carmen

HI..Once again I am getting a jump on planning next years vacation. It's not that far away! Anyway, Porta Real in PDC intrigus me. Has anyone stayed there who can give me some good info.How was the food,service,kids club,rooms etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

May 11th, 2000, 09:17 AM
Sally

Porto Real is wonderful!!!! I hate to spread the word too much though because I think part of its greatness is that not many people know about it.

My husband I spent a week at Porto Real this past February and had no complaints. The rooms are lovely, the service is fabulous, the food is great, and the beach is beautiful and laid back. There weren't a lot of kids there when we were, but the hotel offers children's and family activities all day every day.

If we decide to go back to Playa this winter we will not even consider staying anywhere but at Porto Real.

Good luck with your vacation planning!

May 12th, 2000, 12:11 AM
Nancy

Thanks Sally. I really appreciate the info. It really does look great and definately may become my choice. I will try not to share that with too may people!

May 12th, 2000, 05:12 PM
nancy

Hi again Sally...Just wondering what the variety of food was like. Do they serve seafood or did you have to leave the resort if you were interested in it?
Thanks.

May 19th, 2000, 02:19 PM
Sally

Seafood is definitely available at Porto Real. There are three restaurants--a fancier one that requires reservations (but that I believe is also part of the all-inclusive option), a buffet style dining room that has a different theme every dinner and a variety of choices for lunch and breakfast, and a snack bar that offers burgers and pizzas etc. Overall, I found the food to be good. My husband, who is an extremely picky eater, also found many things that he liked.

Jun 14th, 2000, 12:28 PM
Nancy

ARe there suites at Porto Real? Thanks!

Jun 30th, 2000, 07:40 PM
Bill

Porto Real is a beautiful 5 star with a nice setting. I stayed there a week. If you haven't already booked (no need to rush as there are tons of rooms), here are a few things to think about. The rooms are very expensive for Mexico, about $225 - $260 when I was there. So look for a hotel package. I paid $170 in high season (Jan.). Also, you may not want to do all-inclusive; I didn't. The hotel food is good, but PDC has many good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. There are even small coffee and breakfast shops, which I enjoyed more than the all-you-can-stuff breakfast buffet at the hotel. And one more thing, the hotel pool is very nice, but the beach in front is mostly rocks with sand dumped on top. However, if you walk to the street side of the hotel, the public beach is great. I don't about the suites, but there were a few very pricey rooms so they could be suites. The regular rooms were quite large. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread