Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   IGUAZU FALLS (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/iguazu-falls-659403/)

dudesdynamos Nov 17th, 2006 01:29 PM

IGUAZU FALLS

We are staying in Buenos Aires for 5 months as tourists. We would like to take a side trip to Iguazu Falls. Could you recommend an English speaking travel agent here in BA? How long should we stay there? Which side should we stay on? Thanks very much.

virginia Nov 17th, 2006 05:46 PM

cintia at WOWArgentina in ba should be able to help you. you might stay 2-3 nights in that you are in ba for 5 months. either side should be fine but you must get brazilian visa to go to their side.

mikemo Nov 18th, 2006 04:06 AM

We had a wonderful 3 night package at Iguazu Grand hotel in late October.
One really full day at the Argentine Falls was enough for us.
If you enter Brazil with a US Passport, the visa is $100. US pp.
We chose not to try entering Brazil illegally.
M

Graziella5b Nov 18th, 2006 04:39 AM

I agree with Virginia , WOW Argentina, [email protected] for Cintia, she is one of the owners of the travel agency. What I like about them is that they are very honest, professional and that I have loved always all the travel arrrangements they have made for us.
Most importantly they are a REGISTERED travel Agency.
Which means they are not one person dealing with you.

flintstones Nov 18th, 2006 05:28 AM

[email protected], has been recommended by some fodorites, as a reliable person, very nice. Her name is Isabel and more than an agent is somebody takes care of you during your stay.
Oh, remember, Salta in the NW, is a "must" in Argentina.
Good luck.
Flintstones

skatedancer Nov 18th, 2006 05:49 AM

Wow, what an amazing opportunity to spend five months in Argentina. Will you have the opportunity to travel to other parts of the country? I just returned from a five night stay in the Salta region, and agree with Flinstones that it is well worth the trip! Obviously, there are other phenomenal destinations as well, so I am sure you will have a fantastic time.

avrooster Nov 18th, 2006 07:01 AM

I agree with Angie (Flintstones).
I have only had "electronic contact" with Isabel, but she sounds great and has been extremely helpful in this forum.
Her e-mail is:
[email protected]

CollegeMom Nov 18th, 2006 02:18 PM

Iguazu Falls on the Argentina side is worth at least one long day or better yet two days to enjoy all the views, plants, birds, animals, etc. If you like birds, the Brazil side has a great aviary, but it takes a $100 pp visa to cross into Brazil with US passport. Can recommend Silvia at Argentina tours 4U or www.argentina2rs4U.com.ar as a BA TA. She is a local, speaks English well, and was wonderful to deal with in planning as well as after arrival in BA.

SylviaCaras Nov 19th, 2006 08:32 AM

Has anyone a recommendation for an agent in Rio? I'll be going from Rio to the Falls mid-November.

Sylvia