Reload this Page >

good restaurant sugggestions in playa de carmen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 01:33 PM
sue

will be staying at an all inclusive with husband & 3 kids (ages 10-18). can you recommend some good restaurants for when we venture out. if you can mention if they were high end, modest prices ($4-7?) and which meal you'd recommend it for (breakfast, lunch or dinner) that would be appreciated. thank you very much. since we will probably only eat off of the hotel grounds a couple of times, we want to pick good places.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:57 AM
Jean

Just returned from five days in PDC. We didn't have one 'bad' meal, but some were more memorable than others.<BR><BR>We had lunch our last day at Karen's Pizza on 5th. Food was decent, but drinks were way out of line for the area, and there was a large 'tax and service' addition to our bill. Left us not too thrilled with the place. <BR><BR>On to the good things--had wonderful pasta at Cafe Calimero on Calle 4, and not very expensive. For more Italian, Media Luna was great for lunch, husband had a shrimp/mango salad and I have a wonderful portabella sandwich.<BR><BR>Had dinner at La Parilla one night, good Mexican. Also ate at a steak house across the street with a very similar name. Husband had a New York strip, I had chicken/shrimp kebab, both were excellent, but fairly expensive.<BR><BR>Also ate at Palapa Hemingway, food was good, not great. Lunch as D'Sol on the beach was fun, but not anything special.<BR><BR>Also had a very good pizza at a place on about the corner of 5th Avenue and maybe 12 or 14th. Can't recall the name, but it was nice.<BR><BR>Have a good time.

Old Feb 13th, 2003, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can second the recommendation of Media Luna - we had dinner there last week and it was delicious. Try to get a seat next to the street so you can enjoy the people watching as well as the musicians.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 10:29 AM

Since you have kids, be sure and ask if they have something for the kids. Media Luna is good, but a little pricey. DaGabis has good pizza, Babes on 10th has half portions, but ask before ordering, some dishes are hot. There is always TFI Fridays, Dominos and Papa Johns pizza, McDonalds and Burger King. I think Karens is very expensive for what you get. Buenes Aires on 6th is good and resonable, but I just heard(I am here now)that its under new management. The other steak house on 5th called Parrilla and Buenes Aires, food not that good and watch the bill. We had a party of nine New Years Eve and were overcharged $100, that is dollars not pesos. LaParilla on the corner of 5th and 8th is fun, big menu, entertainment on the street in front between 8 and 10 and the good is not bad.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 10:37 AM
ltt

anyother restaurant suggestions for 2 adults &amp; three kids (11, 12, 18). thanks.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 04:10 PM

I'd recommend Yaxche Maya -- authentic food, modest prices. It's on a side street off 5th Av. -- on the same street as TGIFridays. I've also heard that the Blue Lobster off 5th (you'll see it from 5th) is really good for seafood. That appeared expensive.