Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Iberostar Playa del Carmen (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/iberostar-playa-del-carmen-401169/)

Meeker4 Feb 19th, 2004 12:10 PM

Iberostar Playa del Carmen

I'm considering having our family vacation (with 2 small children) at the Iberostar resort. The pictures and overall comments seem great. My concern is the distance from the hotel room to the beach (I guess the size of the resort overall). Is this a big draw back or not that big a deal?

loangalsal Feb 19th, 2004 03:57 PM

It is a large resort. Some rooms are closer to the beach than other, so you should ask if you have a preference. It does have pretty grounds and a "jungle like" feel to it. Lots of birds and even monkeys on the grounds. If you are going to one of the all inclusive resorts, most of them are quite large.

Cerlaurie Feb 20th, 2004 08:57 AM

There are 3 Iberostars in PDC. Tucan/Quatzel, Paraiso del Mar and the new Lindo. Which are you referring to?

loangalsal Feb 20th, 2004 10:13 AM

FYI, my response was in reference to Tucan/Quatzel...

Meeker4 Feb 20th, 2004 12:20 PM

I was referring to the Paraiso del Mar. Thanks.

Penpen825 Feb 20th, 2004 02:20 PM

WE went to PAraiso Del Mar this past summer and highly recommend it. The resort is huge but absolutely beautiful. There is a jungle like paththat interwinds fromthe topof the resort to the pool area but there is also a trolly that can shuttle you. We went with my 5 year old nephew and he loved all the activities, meet tons of friends and the evening entertainemnt hour for kids is great fun.

AS far as the rooms - msot are standard and then there are some junior suites, which is what we had. The only difference between the two are location. The junior suites are the only rooms on the beach and we felt worth the little extra in money. WE were right near some of the restaurants for all meals, out our door was the pool and beach and the view was beautiful. There are some other perks like bar, etc.... If going standard room, try to request a room locationinthe middle of the resort so youare equal distance to the main lobby area and pool area. Blocks 13 and 14 are in the middle. Also request upper floor for the view and pool side.

AGain, wonderful resort - would go back.

sumreknot Feb 22nd, 2004 11:20 AM

We just returned from the Iberostar Paraiso Beach, which is on the same property as the Del Mar...(This is our 8th all-inclusive)No..I won't go back..the food was very good...the grounds were spectacular. It is TOO BIG...too far to go from beach to bathrooms, to rooms to restaurants. The pool is large and winding...you cannot see the ocean until you are right on top of the beach...very difficult to get around, as so much of it is confusing. I would check around more...I want a place to relax...not worry about how to get back to our room!

skigirl Feb 24th, 2004 03:22 PM

The Tucan/Wuetzel is great, not too big at all, and I think it would be great for kids.

graydolphin Feb 24th, 2004 09:31 PM

The paraiso is unreal, search this forum & youll see my response to another thread..too much to say positive about this place!!!
5 apples in apple vaca isnt enough justice! a penny well spent?
Uh... YEAH!