Notices

Iberostar Parasio Del Mar

Old Jun 17th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iberostar Parasio Del Mar

We are thinking of staying at the Iberostar Parasio Del Mar in Riviera Maya during our Christmans break. I know it will be crowded, but we are only able to travel during holiday times.
Has anybody stayed at this resort? Would you recommend it?
We basically want to relax on a nice beach and eat some good food and have some decent entertainment in the evening.
Old Jun 17th, 2005, 03:09 PM

All the Iberostars in RM get good reviews from travleers iin Tripadvisor.com.
Also, did you see the article about 5 resorts on RM, in the April edition of Budget Travel mag? Paraiso del Mar was discussed and sounds wonderful!!
Old Jun 18th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your encouraging words. I'd love to hear from someone who has stayed there.
Old Jun 18th, 2005, 04:53 AM

Hi Schmerl,
I stayed at the Paraiso about 3 years ago with my family of 5 and two other families totaling 15 people. We had a GREAT time! In fact we still talk about whenever we get together.

The grounds are absolutely wonderful, so clean and beautiful. However, it is not the type of a resort with a view from your room. The rooms are set up like a small cluster of apartments and the pool, beach and restaurants are a walk. So, be prepared to do a lot of walking on beautiful pathways! That being said, we all felt it was a good thing since we ate and drank all day!! Food was good with huge buffets but towards the end of the week it starting tasting the same. Still, no cooking and all that pampering ....could do it again for weeks!!!!!!!!
The beach was gorgeous and the water was crystal-clear turquoise! Some of the water equipment, including snorkels and sailfish were free to use. One day the guys and the kids all rented jetskis and had a blast. We did get up early and put our stuff on a couple of chairs under a hut before getting breakfast to ensure a spot. We learned to do this after a couple of days.........really appreciated the protection from the hot Mexican sun and without it, we wouldn't have been able to tolerate staying at the beach all day!

We enjoyed relaxing at this resort so much that we didn't feel the need to venture off much. There was a free shuttle that took us to the little town of Playa del Carmen, so we took advantage of that to do some shopping. I got a great Mexican wool blanket very reasonably! Plus lots a great silver jewelry. We also went to Cozumel one day, but everyone agreed we enjoyed staying at the resort more! Looking back though, I wish I had gone to Tulum!

The entertainment was okay, definitely geared towards kids! When we were there(which was in August)most of the performers were college kids trying their best to put on a good show. Mostly they succeeded, certainly decent. I don't know what it would be like at Christmas. To us, the entertainment wasn't all that important after waking up early, spending the day on the beach, then over to the enormous swim-up bar in the late afternoon, then dinner. We were exhausted by 10:00! I think we only stayed out once until 12:00 and that was because we were feeling like wimps! There was a nightclub that our teenagers frequented every night! They had a blast there, meeting other teens from all over the world!

Well, I hope I covered enough, but if not please ask more questions. Remember though, it was a few years ago that we went. Although, I can't imagine it changing much. Go, you'll love it!
Jayne
Old Jun 18th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Jayne,
Thanks so much for the info. You mentioned all the buffets. Are there also "sit down" restaurants? Can you use the restaurants at the other Iberostars?
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 06:08 AM

Yes, there are sit down dinners that you reserve in the morning for the evening. From what I remember there was a Mexican rest., a Japanese (where they prepared and cooked in front of you), a steak rest and at least one more that we didn't go to. We all liked the Japanese restaurant the most. The Mexican and Japanese rest had a/c, but the steak house and buffet were open-walled.

Also, you can use the facilities at the other Iberostars (at least when I was there). We went to the one in Playa del Carmen and swam in that pool plus had lunch there. It was fun to explore that area too. Much more crowded than the Parasio though!
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 06:20 AM

One other thing.......I meant to say enormous POOL with a swim-up bar!