Search

Iberostar Paraiso LIndo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iberostar Paraiso LIndo

We are staying at the Paraiso Lindo in February with our two children ages 15 and 12. Any suggestions regarding this hotel. I hope it was a good pick. It's the first all inclusive we are trying. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will love the IB Paraiso Lindo. We stayed at the IB Del Mar which is part of the same complex and loved it.
Staying at the Lindo, you get privileges at the other three hotels (Del Mar, Beach, and Maya) on the complex. There will be activities offered all day for you and your children. Just check the schedule each day. There is a teen disco for your children. You will each be given a wrist band. Your children will be given a white one which will keep them from being able to order any alcoholic beverages.
The Lindo shares all facilities with the Maya. You are entitled to eat at one of the ala carte restaurants every night of our stay. You can make all your reservations as soon as you get there. Each building has a concierge and they will make your reservations for you.
Make sure you go to the Commercial Center. They have shops and a taco place, hamburger place, crepe and ice cream place, and a tapas place. All that is also included. The adult and teen disco are also there.
For the best information you could hope to find on this resort, go to:
http://www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

thank you so much for the information. Now I am really looking forward to this vacation as I did hear some mixed reviews.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:06 AM

Be sure to have their ice cream. I loved the coconut...and with a little Kahlua over it...YUM!
Also...you will get a towel card when you check in. You take that to the towel hut and they give you a towel. Rather than turn the towel in every day and get your card back, just turn in your towel for a clean one and then you're ready to go the next morning. we didn't get our towel card back until the last day. We just exchanged for clean towels each afternoon.
Also, if you choose not to eat at an ala carte restaurant, the buffets at the Beach and Del Mar are actually better than the Lindo since their guests eat at the buffet more often. You can go there to eat whenever you want.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Dear schmerl,
Is there any particular building at the hotel that is more convenient to the beach? Is it worth going into town too? thanks for your help. singer
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:52 AM

Here is a link to a map of the resort. The new Commercial Center is not on this map:
http://www.iberostar-board.com/IB_Maya_Lindo.jpg

None of the buildings have an ocean view. I think it's building 50 that is closest to the beach, but then you'll be far from the lobby and restaurant areas. Building 53 is centrally located.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Can you recommend restaurants or not recommend ? Thanks
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM

Food is a matter of taste, so what one person likes, another may not.
We stayed at the Del Mar, so we were not eating at the Lindo. The link I posted above will take you to a site that has menus to the different restaurants. I know people seem to love the Cajun restaurant. The Japanese is also a favorite.