Husband gives Wife and Mom R&R trip to PV ALONE!!?!

Old Jan 8th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Husband gives Wife and Mom R&R trip to PV ALONE!!?!

I don't even dine alone unless its Mickey D's while my little ones playing on the indoor equipment. My husband has shocked me with a birthday present of 4 nights in PV alone. We have no one to leave kids with and he thought it would be nice if I could relax and be alone for the 1st time in 5 yrs. I'm excited but nervous. I have never even been to Mexico. Although I've been relieved by reading the positive info on this site, looking for reassurance that this will be safe. Although it can be changed, husband made reservations at the Premier hotel & spa. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed there. Priorities are safety, relaxation, the beach, pool area and shopping. Any info would be appreciated.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 05:12 AM

I have been to PV many times (I am a 42 year old woman) and I would definitely feel safe in PV alone. Don't know that hotel, but you certainly should feel safe, I can't imagine anywhere you could stay in PV that would not be. You will have a great time. Tons of shopping, great restaurants, nice town. I have walked around downtown at night alone and with my mom many times after dinner (hubby goes back to the hotel, we stay in town and shop) and it is no problem. The only thing that might "attack" you is a timeshare shark! Just kidding. Just like anywhere else, use common sense. You will love it! Easy to get a cab (cheap) anywhere in town and lots of bus service (even cheaper) also.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 06:02 AM

How Lucky for you I didn't get to go to P. Vallarta and leave my kids until I was married for 25 yrs. My husband & I have been going every year since, sometimes 2x a year just got back in December and am going again in March. We love it. Don't worry about anything you can go on trip advisor.com and check out the Premier you can read reviews from people who have stayed there. Although I never stayed there I have heard good things aboutit. Please don't miss the opportunity to get into town and check out the sites. Good Luck!!!
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 07:01 AM

Your hubby made a great choice in location, you lucky girl! PV is a wonderful spot for solo female travelers and you can be as active or laid back as you wish. Don't worry about the language, english is spoken everywhere.
Get out and explore the streets and local sites. There are always lots of people out and about so you'll be perfectly safe and just one of many vacationers. L..sal is right about the time share sharks though. They can be relentless. Just say "no thanks" and keep walking. After all, they are just trying to sell you something so are really not threatening, just slighlty annoying. They'll glom on to the people right behind you!
Don't know the Premier first hand but you should have a wonderful time.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 07:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I've been to Puerto Vallarta 15+ times. Sometimes solo (female, 50 now) other trips with friends and/or family. It's a wonderful place for a first trip to Mexico. Definitely a different country, but about as easy to navigate as you could hope for. Very friendly and welcoming. I've always had fantastic trips. Sorry, no experience with that specific resort, because I always stay downtown.