Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page > How to post pictures online for trip report? (RP from TA)

How to post pictures online for trip report? (RP from TA)

Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Original Poster

How to post pictures online for trip report? (RP from TA)

I am getting ready to post my Costa Rica trip report, and I would like to be able to share pictures too. I am looking for recommendations for a good, easy-to-use, free online album. I would like a website that will let me create 2 almost identical albums w/o loading all of the pictures and captions twice.

I would like to be able to post a link to some of our vacation pictures with my trip report, but my husband and I arenít comfortable with posting pictures of ourselves on a website that everyone can access. I would like to create 1 album to share with our friends and family that would have pictures of us plus the sights, etc, and preferably would be password protected. Iíd like to then copy that album, delete certain pictures, and link it to our trip report.

Other considerations: I like to put captions on all our pictures and would prefer an online album that lets me do that easily. I would prefer not to have to resize all of our images due to file size constraints. I need an album that will let me turn vertical pictures the right way easily. I want an album that will do a slideshow w/ the captions visible. (Some of these may be pretty basic or silly requests, but I have never done this before and am not that computer savvy.)

TIA for any recommendations.
Nov 22nd, 2006, 08:33 PM

We like Kodak Gallery, and you might like to look it over. www.kodakgallery.com

Not sure if it will meet all your requirements (and I certainly understand your preferences).

Looking forward to seeing your photos, though! Good luck!
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:01 PM

Photosite.com will give you most of what you are looking for.

My CR albums http://rvincent3.photosite.com
Nov 23rd, 2006, 10:12 AM

www.fotopages.com

you can password protect the page

or www.flickr.com again you can password protect pages
Nov 23rd, 2006, 10:30 AM

I like photobucket.com
Nov 24th, 2006, 07:05 AM

Check www.photoalbum.com and see how you like it!
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Original Poster

I decided to try Kodak Gallery and it was pretty easy to put the album together. I just posted my review on TA and will re-post it here.

I am having trouble attaching the link to the album. I used tinyurl to make the link small, but can't figure out how to attach it as a "click on" link so people don't have to copy and paste the link.
Nov 24th, 2006, 09:03 PM

Kay, when you make the tiny url, you just paste it here in the reply box, Fodors makes it a clickable link

Nov 24th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Scarlett. That didn't work on TA, but it worked perfectly here. I just posted my full report.
Nov 25th, 2006, 12:02 AM

Glad it worked, TA doesn't have anything clickable yet ..now I will go read your report!
Someone just told me today that if they ever decided to live in another country, they would move to Costa Rica
Mar 24th, 2010, 03:47 AM

I, too, am pretty limited in my abilities to figure out computer workings on my own.
I used the Kodak gallery, got a group of pictures downloaded and captions added. I could figure out how to send them via email to someone's email address, but what do I do to add them to a trip report?
Mar 24th, 2010, 04:45 AM

The easiest way is to send an invite to yourself. Then when you get the email, copy and paste the link provided to view the pics.

Search this Thread