Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

How rainy is western Mexico in the summer?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 1998, 05:48 AM
Patricia

Hi! <BR>Thanks to those people who have written an reply to my previous question. They are saying that PV will be hot and humid in July and August. I am used to hot. But about the humid. Is that the rainy season, as I've read and if so how rainy is it? Thanks for your help.

Old Nov 26th, 1998, 08:36 AM
JR

Hi Patricia, I live here all year round and I don't mind the rainy season (June - Sept.) It will get humid untill it rains, which usualy happens in the late afternoon/evening, after it can be quite pleasant. For more info. I have a site at &lt;vallarta-info.com&gt; <BR>JR

Old Nov 29th, 1998, 01:24 PM
Jennifer

Patricia, <BR>I went to PV Sept 5-17 this year and it did rain every night. It certainly did not ruin the trip but it is extremely hot and humid during the day. We stayed in the pool all day until the rains came. The nice thing is that b/c it is rainy season, the town is nearly deserted. we had our pick of the best seats at restaurants. enjoy!

Old Nov 29th, 1998, 01:25 PM
Jennifer

Patricia, <BR>I went to PV Sept 5-17 this year and it did rain every night. It certainly did not ruin the trip but it is extremely hot and humid during the day. We stayed in the pool all day until the rains came. The nice thing is that b/c it is rainy season, the town is nearly deserted. we had our pick of the best seats at restaurants. enjoy!

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 12:29 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>You'll still get LOTS of sun, so bring plenty of sunscreen. The rain only lasts for a little while late afternoon, kinda breezy often late afternoon too. Makes for pretty sunsets. It may rain overnight too, and have seen lightening out over the ocean. Don't worry about the humidity - you just hop in the pool, or enjoy a lemonade or margarita! Once during the summer I did experience more mosquitos, and wished I'd brought some repellant, but it wasn't that bad.