Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   How much was your drink tab at BdC? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/how-much-was-your-drink-tab-at-bdc-320953/)

sylviam Mar 11th, 2008 06:45 AM

How much was your drink tab at BdC?

This may be a silly question but in planning our cash requirements I was wondering what the tab runs at BdC at the bar as this is not included in the price.

Also, do the cabinas have a fridge?

3 weeks and counting down.

volcanogirl Mar 11th, 2008 07:59 AM

We stayed in a Deluxe Cabin, and it did not have a frig. Also, they don't want you to drink the water in the cabins, but they do have a tap at the bar where you can get water whenever you want. We filled up our water bottles there whenever we passed by. I don't remember how much our tab was, but I thought all the prices were reasonable and not outrageous. If we were hungry in the afternoons, we got a couple of smoothies from Jose - those are a definite must try. Also they have a drink special each night. I think the houses do have a frig because those do not include the meal plan.

hipvirgochick Mar 11th, 2008 09:02 AM

Do you really want to know? ;) Our bill was several hundred dollars for 5 nights, but included tours, walks, t-shirts and tips. I don't think it's too bad, but you should e-mail for a list, or just budget what you'd normally drink and pay for at any bar.

I think my daughter drank me into smoothie bankruptcy!

shillmac Mar 11th, 2008 09:50 AM

Last July: 4 nights, one person, coupla drinks per night plus a coke or beer now and then during the day. Mine was $40.

sylviam Mar 11th, 2008 10:19 AM

Thanks everyone. I know my husband and my nephew can drink us into bankruptcy also. Just wanted an idea as we are a captive audience.

tully Mar 11th, 2008 10:54 AM

On 5 or 6 nights I usually run about $60-$80. But I'm a soda freak so that's about 4-5 sodas a
day, plus a few drinks at the bar. Oh, maybe a few beers too. Ok, maybe a little wine as well.

parrmt Mar 11th, 2008 11:50 AM

Our bar bill for 7 nights, 4 adults was 400.00. This was 2 years ago. We had wine, beer, soft drinks.

shillmac Mar 11th, 2008 02:07 PM

Good thing you came clean, Tully. I was about to set the record straight! ;)

tully Mar 11th, 2008 02:16 PM

Hey all in the good interest of information :D (I will not repeat last time though! One too many daquiris had me kinda napping after the first course and missed most of dinner, but I perked up when I heard Mo say Banana Cream Pie!)

volcanogirl Mar 11th, 2008 02:55 PM

We were afraid to get too boozy - didn't think we could find our cabin in the dark! We could barely find it sober. :)

steph270 Mar 11th, 2008 05:21 PM

we were 300. for 4 nights for 4 people (yikes) but we are wine drinkers so had some bottles of wine...we were on holiday:)
we didn't drink during the day...it was mainly late afternoon by the pool or before dinner and wine at dinner....we did splurge a bit on the wine too b/c some of the cheaper wines were yicky (sorry...wine snob).....do i sound like i'm making excuses for our tab...haha

xyz99 Mar 11th, 2008 05:30 PM

Does this mean that even if dinner is shared “family style” you can still have wine, and they keep tab of it? Good to know, I was wondering how this works.
Can you have the wine by the glass? A bottle is sometimes too much for the 2 of us..although sometimes is just right :)

volcanogirl Mar 11th, 2008 05:36 PM

xyz, if you want a drink, you just ask for it, and they ask you which cabin you're in, so they can run you a tab. When you check out, they have all the charges totaled up for you. I like that aspect of it because you don't have to carry any cash on you. If you want a smoothie or drink, just ask at the bar, and ta-da! During dinner, you can just ask the wait staff, and they will bring drinks to you.

xyz99 Mar 11th, 2008 06:04 PM

VG,
This sounds wonderful – can’t wait to get there. Only 50 weeks or so left…

hipvirgochick Mar 11th, 2008 08:04 PM

Thanks all for making me feel like a lush! Ok, I'm gonna go find that breakdown now... LOL!

volcanogirl Mar 11th, 2008 09:15 PM

Well, you can tell who the party girls are! Have an Imperial for me! :)

sumi Mar 12th, 2008 05:24 AM

Didn't think to look until I saw this thread...

I don't know how anyone can actually drink a lot there. We were up so early and did so much during the day, if I had more than two drinks at dinner, I'd have been asleep under the table by dessert!

Ours (2 adults, 1 child) was only $75 for 4 nights. OK, we were clearly really boring! My husband drank Imperials and I stuck to their daily drink special plus a glass of wine with dinner. Plus a soda here and there for my son.

We had one big item for the sport fishing but otherwise our tab for extras was very reasonable.

steph270 Mar 12th, 2008 09:18 AM

ok, so now i feel like we are lushes too. i forgot to mention we brought some imperial with us for the the house too....:)
(2 of my friends, however were just on a 7 night cruise...i won't tell you what their bar bill was, but it made me feel MUCH better)

shillmac Mar 12th, 2008 03:27 PM

Well, now I'M not feeling so much of a party pooper! Yours is right in line with mine Sumi! :)
I mean SOMEONE has to stay alert, right? LOL!