Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

How long is taxi to Vista del Valle from airport? Convenient place to stay for last night w/7 am departure?

Search

How long is taxi to Vista del Valle from airport? Convenient place to stay for last night w/7 am departure?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying at Vista del Valle our first 3 nights of our trip. Also considering staying there on our last night before we head home. Was thinking of staying close to the airport, but would like to end the trip in a nice, Costa Rican place. But our flight leaves at 7:30 the next morning. Is it worth staying at Vista or would it be better staying close to the airport? We'll be coming from Manuel Antonio, and looking at the 'Interbus' times, we could get to our final night's destination around 12 or 1 in the afternoon. Suggestions?
Thank you.
Carrie
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:04 AM

Vista del Valle Plantation Inn is approx 25 mins from SJO.

Is it worth it? Only you know. VdV is a peaceful, relaxing place - perfect for a final evening. (The owners, who are American by the way, were very gracious.) But you only have the afternoon and then will have to head out around 5AM.

A positive for staying at the same place - you could store a bag with your travel clothes and items not necessary for the middle of your trip.

Other suggestions that I have would still put you at least 15 mins away. Have you contacted VdV to see what arrangements they offer to get you to the airport that early?

I REALLY hate to say Hampton Inn, but it is literally just across the highway from SJO.

Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:52 PM

Take a look at Orquedias Inn and Hotel Buena Vista. These are about 10 to 15 mins. from the airport near Alajuela and may be a good alternative for you. Deffinately less $$.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions. I've even considered the Hampton Inn. I e-mailed Orquideas, but no reply. I'll check into Hotel Buena Vista.
Thanks again
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 05:50 AM

I had to send a follow up email to Orquideas and they finally answered.

Internet in CR is not completely reliable, always slow and many times down. Plus this is a very busy inn. So try again.

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 04:03 PM

www.hotelvillabonita.com

About 5 min. from the airport, this is a B&B owned by a very friendly young Tico couple, Humberto & Carmen. They'll take good care of you for about $50 bucks for the night. Will even make sure you have something to eat before you leave in the a.m. since you'll be gone by the time the breakfast cook arrives. There is an excellent Peruvian restaurant a couple of blocks away serving delicious corvina (seabass) and ceviche.