House/villa rentals in Maya riviera

Old Jul 12th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House/villa rentals in Maya riviera

Wondering if anyone has had experience with renting a beach house or villa around playa del carmen? Looking to go in the spring of 2007 with a couple families and all of our kids. Would prefer to be right on the beach, but not looking to spend a fortune. Other areas in the Riviera would be fine too. Any suggestions????
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 05:39 AM

Look at this listing:

http://www.locogringo.com/dynamic/villas.cfm

Some of the best ones, beach-wise, are in South Akumal. Make sure you look at the aerial photos on each listing to see the beach - some are rocky; some are not.

Old Jul 12th, 2006, 07:17 AM

There are several sites where you can get an idea about renting around the RM. One that I've used is VRBO (vacation rentals by owner) which list many offerings. Another is the locogringo site mentioned above and the third would be the playa info site at http://www.playa.info/index.html. Bill-In-Tulsa is also reliable and I have used his travel services before. There are a lot of choices to say the least!
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Have been to some of these sites before when traveling to the RM, but will check them again for this specific topic. Have done a few of the AI's, but with 3 kids over 14 it's so expensive. Anyone out there who has done the rental house/villa with kids....looking for info as to whether it really is saving $ once food and activities are taken into consideration.
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:27 AM

I've done both a condo rental and AI with my sons and their friends - I think they were 18 and 22 at the time. I had to take 3 rooms at the RIU Tequila for us. For me it was a better situation because they then took care of themselves food/drink wise and I wasn't constantly running around to make sure there was enough food etc. in the condo to keep them happy. Plus they had their set up at the beach. They liked it better that way than the condo approach and I had to agree. Less stress and work for me; happier sons/friends.