Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   hotels in Palermo Viejo (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/hotels-in-palermo-viejo-741383/)

evy Oct 7th, 2007 07:27 PM

hotels in Palermo Viejo

Travelling in 2 weeks, to meet up with our daughter in Buenos Aries for a week. Looking to give her (and us) a bit of luxury in the middle of a backpacking holiday! Never been before. Any advice welcome!!

AndrewDavid Oct 7th, 2007 10:20 PM

hi you might look at

Bobo Hotel
Home Hotel
Malabia House

how about an apartment. plenty of luxury at www.apartmentsba.com
we've taken one for 8 nights at Armenia and Guatemala

and also a night at Art Hotel and 2 at Bobo

cheers
AndrewDavid

Scarlett Oct 8th, 2007 03:51 AM

Of the 3, I would choose Home then BoBo then Malabia House ( I might be wrong but Malabia is more of a hostel type place than the other two..they are very nice boutique hotels.

Home is already booked I think, better book right away..this is the time when BsAs gets very busy..

AndrewDavid is right.. if the hotels don't pan out, go for one of the luxury apts ..

drdawggy Oct 8th, 2007 09:26 AM

I like the Home very much. The Bobo is an excellent choice as well. These are small boutique hotels (tiny might be a better description). The Vain hotel is another excellent option. The Costa Petit hotel is new but is getting good reviews. The Esplendor Palermo is scheduled to open this month and the online photos look outstanding (for what that is worth).....The idea of an apartment is a good one if you do not find what you are looking for.....

newyorkais35 Oct 8th, 2007 12:21 PM

I just booked a reservation at the Esplendor Palermo for next month. The rates are very good and the hotel looks quite nice in the photos on their website.

Ross :-)

drdawggy Oct 9th, 2007 04:43 AM

Great. The Esplendor looks like a jewel of a hotel....please write a review after your stay. Since the Esplendor is brand spanking new, no one knows anything about service or accomodations other than from the web site and the general reputation of this hotel group....

milla Oct 12th, 2007 06:37 PM

The Esplendor was supposed to open on the 15-10. It opened much before because of the big demand for accommodation 2 weeks ago. Comfortable rooms and excellent service. To be recommended in all senses.

drdawggy Oct 12th, 2007 10:34 PM

Milla, thanks for the update! The hotel looks very nice.

Do you know if the NH Lancaster has opened? Work was not complete when I was in Buenos Aires recently but it looked like it was nearing completion.

It is nice to see a couple of new smaller hotels opening....or in the case of the Lancaster newly reopening after remodeling and a change of management...

milla Nov 9th, 2007 03:46 PM

Drdawggy

A bit late with the answer.

The NH Lancaster is already working.
The web page is not finished so you cant see the photos and the photo you see does not belong to the hotel. patience here!!!!
The building is an extraordinary example of the XIX and many things had to be restored. Wooden floors and walls now combine with modern furniture. The location is good though probably a bit noisy. Must be an interesting place to visit, I will.

New hotels will be opened in February and yet will not be enough.
Mine looks nice on the web.check
It seems it is worth a visit, too.
Next time you come to Baires
try Belgrano now beginning to show alternatives for the tourists, quiet neighbourhood, not far and very well connected to the rest of the city for the ones who like moving on their own. Will keep you informed.

milla Nov 9th, 2007 03:49 PM

Almost forgot:
"Terrazas Palermo" big flats and good price. Excellent location. Just in front of the Bobo and only one from the Esplendor.
milla

drdawggy Nov 10th, 2007 02:58 AM

Thanks for the update. The Mine looks great and the location is excellent.

I like Belgrano and will be certain to check out the new hotels.