Reload this Page >

Hotels in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 03:49 PM
Jamie kereliuk

Does anyone know of any good hotels in the Quepos-Manuel Antonio Area. <BR>We are looking for some thing fairly close to the beach, friendly and clean.. <BR> <BR>Note* Moderate price range

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 09:53 AM
Ally

Jamie, <BR>There are LOT'S of good hotels in the area. I've stayed at both Costa Verde and Villas Nicolas. Both are moderate in price. Villas Nicolas have kitchens. As for close to the beach, no hotels are 'beachfront'. They are all on a hill overlooking the ocean, but it's easy to walk down. Getting back up is harder! Take a bus back, it's cheap!

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Andy / Orosi Lodge

Check out these sites : <BR> <BR>Villas Nicolas <BR>http://www.villasnicolas.com <BR> <BR>and <BR>Mimos Hotel <BR>http://www.costaricanet.net/mimos/ <BR> <BR>they are both nice places; not over expensive; we've always enjoyed staying there. <BR> <BR>Cheers, Andy <BR>http://sites.netscape.net/timeveit/orosilodge

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Valerie

Last year we stayed at La Mariposa in Manuel Antonio. Very nice and an unbelieveable view of beach and sunsets. Because it's at the very top of a huge hill, you need to take a cab to the beach, but I think it cost $2.00 each way.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 10:17 AM
lisa

jamie, <BR>my husband and i are currently living in the quepos/manuel antonio area and have researched this question for about a month. the best place we have found that is moderately priced is the hotel verde mar. it is right on the beach and is very clean, has a beautiful (but small) pool surrounded by lush green trees and some wildlife, and a very friendly staff. it is also within walking distance of a great restaurant/bar that is directly on the beach! good luck and have a great time! <BR>lisa

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 11:00 AM
lisa

We liked Hotel Si Como No. $5 cab ride to the beach, great views, lots of wildlife right on the property, friendly English-speaking staff that will help you with excursions, rooms with balconies, spotlessly clean, nice pool with swim-up bar, 2 restaurants with good food. I don't know what you consider moderate but their rooms vary widely in price and it depends on when you're going -- we stayed there in the "green season" and thought it was reasonable since rates included a full breakfast each day. I think we paid somewhere around $125-145 per night but can't remember exactly. More info at www.hotelsicomono.com

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 12:47 PM
steph

Another vote for si como no. We loved it. It's not right on the beach, but in my opinion, you don;t want to be right on the beach in manuel antonio.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 02:56 PM
jj

We enjoyed the Tulemar Bungalows near Quepos. It has a private safe beach, a few acres of rainforest, good restaurant, views from the bungalows, pool. We saw more wildlife there than at manuel Antonio Park. They might have started subdividing, however. You would have to check. I knew the place was too good to be true. They have a website. Do a search for it. While you are in that area, go visit the injured animal hospital. Called "Jardin" or something like that. Well worth it.

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 07:39 PM
Cynthia

We just left Si Como No on Friday morning, and had a great time. The restaurants were fantastic, and the pool was great. We went to the beaches one day and white water rafting another day (and one day of just lounging around). We had a car so the distance wasn't an issue, it was within 10 minutes to Manuel Antonio Nationa Park to the beaches. <BR> <BR>I don't know what you consider moderate, there are definitey cheaper places to stay, tons of hotels and resorts around there. <BR> <BR>FYI - I heard the food is terrible at the Tulemar Bungelows, we didn't try it but talked to a couple that stayed there. <BR> <BR>Cynthia <BR>

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 02:28 PM
jt

Jamie, <BR>The beach in Manuel Antonio is not like other resort towns, it' rather small, really split between numerous coves, and not really swimmer-friendly (unless you take adantage of beach #3 in the park). When in Quepos or M.A. I'd suggest Villa Nicolas, they are quaint, comfortable 'condos' sporting ample patios, kitchenettes, and beautiful grounds. They are located right next to Si Como No, and within walking of some great restaurants (Karola's is a definite dinner spot). <BR> <BR>We woke to the sounds of howler monkeys echoing through the valley, and on two occasions, sat and watched troops of monkeys (20+) climb & cavort over the roofs, rain-spouts, and lush landscaping on the grounds. The folks running the grounds kept everything very clean and accessible and if you go, ask at the office how "Daisy" is getting along (the woman working the late shift adopted a most scruffy, spry, chubby little dalmatian wannabee that quickly took to the role of greeter). <BR>Enjoy! <BR>JST <BR>