Hotel Preferences/Prejudices

May 22nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Preferences/Prejudices

Anyone have a preference/dislike for any of these hotels: Argenta Towers, Loisuites Recoleto, Park Tower Kempenski? Any others in this relative (or slightly higher) price ranges that one should consider?
May 23rd, 2004, 07:50 AM

Argenta Towers...in Retiro, not far from Plaza San Mrtin and Florida street pedestrian mall. Modern hotel with good breakfast. Many positive reviews on this board and from feedback I have received from friends who have stayed there. I have visited friends who were staying there several times...the lobby is impressive and the area is relatively safe and calm.

Loisuites Recoleta....well appointed but smallish rooms. Friendly service. Located just around the corner from the restaurant row of Recoleta and just across the street from the Village of Recoleta mall....in short, very well located.
Park Kempenski....superb location in the heart of the more affluent area of Recoleta.....more traditional decor than the other two hotels.....rooms small....service reported to be snobbish...
May 23rd, 2004, 08:56 AM

Of the Kempinski hotels which is in the best location?
May 24th, 2004, 08:29 AM

For location, K. Park Plaza...In the heart of the best section of Recoleta..not far from the Alvear Palace.
Jun 8th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Original Poster

drdawggy, many thanks for the helpful response to this post. Based on your (and others) opinions, we've chosen Argenta Towers for our first visit to B.A. Will leave feedback upon our return February 05. Another Cintia groupie.
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:47 AM

Hi, beware of the Kempenski hotels in Buenos IAires they of course, are a franchise , and not as good as the Kempenski hotels in Europe.
I agree with drdawggy , having stayed in the Argenta Towers and the Bel Air Hotel both are a great deal. Excellent hotels that would be much more expensive in other places of the world.
Jun 17th, 2004, 08:02 PM

I recently returned from Bs. As. and I stayed at Loisuites in Recoleta. It was a great experience and the hotel was absolutely great. The service and staff were 10+. This hotel is in Recoleta and there are great restaraunts and shops within a block or two. The only other place I would stay is Hotel Alvear - very expensive but well worth it. Try to get to Rodi Bar for lunch or dinner on Calle Vicente Lopez for great Argentine food. You will not find one tourist in this place. It is all portenos. Enjoy!
Jun 18th, 2004, 08:55 AM

I also stayed at the LoiSuites Recoleta. The rooms are smallish, but everything else is first rate. The location can't be beat. You have shopping, restaurants, coffee shops, movies, etc. all within a couple of blocks.

Have fun,

Enrique
Jun 19th, 2004, 10:35 PM

Hi, I haven't try yet the Lois, it sounds great.
I was delighted, though, with the jr. suite at the Bel Air, everything was very pleasant including the sheets, which were of an excellent quality, top percale, I loved also the high celings ,wooden floors, beautiful curtains, .....breakfast was also good.
Location good too.
Rate for jr suite through an agency was less than $100, who can ask for more?
Jul 21st, 2004, 08:53 AM

Have you stayed at the Kempinski Park Plaza before/ What are the rooms like etc.? Thanks you

Search this Thread