Hotel Parador

Jul 30th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Parador

I'm hoping someone has stayed at this hotel in the last year and will be willing to share their experience. Or is anyone has general feedback from having seen it while in MA but not stayed there - we would appreciate that too. Are looking for a nicer lodging option and their Web site makes it look head and shoulders above anything else but I don't see many posts about the Parador.
We are ready to book for a week soon and would appreciate any feedback.
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:41 PM

I haven't stayed at El Parador, so probably should keep my mouth shut. But, from everything I've read about the place it just doesn't have any of the feel of tropical Costa Rica about it. I come to Central America and the tropics to feel like I'm somewhere exotic and far from home. El Pardor sounds more like a medeival fortress than a hotel in the midst of the tropics. I've also read that half the hillside was blasted away for its construction. I think you should take a look at Makanda by the Sea. Not far from El Parador, but, I suspect a far different experience. The pool is beautiful, the service is wonderful, we enjoyed the restaurant, and our room was very nice. We stayed in one of the 'cheaper' studios. It was very, very nice, I imagine one of the villas would have been awesome.

We also enjoyed staying at Si Como No, but it's larger and has, perhaps, a less exclusive feel. Feel free to e-mail with any further questions: [email protected] Jean
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:21 PM

TAS 1...I stayed at Si Como No and talked to other people who stayed elsewhere. My sense is that Si Como No and Makanda are the best choices in MA. Si Como No has 2 separate pools: one for kids/adults and another for adults only. I am not sure, but I heard Makanda was adult only....Have fun. It's a nice place to visit
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:36 PM

I spent two months in costa rica this past summer. I was doing the budget trip (get a round tip off of orbitz and no other plans). However, at the end of my trip my parents came to visit. They were loving the costa rica i was showing them; however, my mother was getting a bit skiddish. When we got to quepos/ manuel antonio, she convinced my father to go for hotel parador. It was amazing, the pool overlooks a cliff, and looks just like it does in the pictures.. amazing.. we took our christmas card picture right there.. the resturant is extreemly nice (however i also reccomend el avion, it is a bar and resturant made out of an Iran Cantra airplane.. very cool) If you are looking for a nicer option, Hotel Parador is it...

Search this Thread