Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Hotel for Roatan ?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/hotel-for-roatan-849264/)

sheyla Jul 12th, 2010 05:18 PM

Hotel for Roatan ??

Hi all,
Me and my boyfriend will go to Hoduras for a week and we are planning to do some hiking, snorkeling and lay down all day on the beach.... just relax!!!.. Now the question is where do we stay ?...I need to find a nice hotel or lodge there ( nothing fancy) I
read many reviews about hotels in this forum but i want to make sure and book a good one.
I hope you guys can help ME.

Any help would be greatly apreciated...Thanks you very much

ttraveler Jul 13th, 2010 02:54 AM

Have you decided on which area you want to stay?
We stayed at West Bay Lodge both times we visited Roatan. It's not right on the beach but close enough and they do have a small pool. The owners really are great and will pick you up at the airport and breakfast is included. Have fun.

volcanogirl Jul 13th, 2010 03:53 AM

Bookmarking. :)

SiteC_er Jul 13th, 2010 06:35 AM

I've done some research for our upcoming cruise and Bananarama seems to fit your needs. We're planning on doing a snorkel / dive excursion through them but don't leave for another month. Good luck! Also check out Maya Princess...

sheyla Jul 16th, 2010 08:48 AM

Hi everyone, Thank you so much for all your answers, I am very happy. I will check the names you gave me right away...
I didn't decide the area to stay,any advice??

Once again thank you!!!

SusanInToronto Jul 16th, 2010 08:54 AM

We stayed at Posada Orquideas when we were there a couple of years ago. Price was great, it was clean, roomy and nice views over the water. It's in West End. West Bay has much nicer beaches, but definitely more (and better) restaurant choices in West End.

quest42n8 Jul 20th, 2010 12:32 PM

West Bay certainly has the best beach and gets alot of cruise ship traffic when in, nice places to stay as mentioned in other posts (Bananarama and West Bay Lodge). Sandy Bay on the north shore is a little more laid back, nice secluded beaches with mostly vacation homes and some efficiencies at reasonable rates. The reef is in snorkeling distance from shore which is a plus and keeps the cost down. You can look at www.seadancer.net or www.hobbies-hideaway.com. West end is the party place with alot of bars, restaurants, places to stay and a nice public beach. All areas good, just what fits your needs. Reasonable accommodations can be found in all three areas.

sheyla Aug 4th, 2010 02:56 PM

Thank you guys.. you are amazing!!

MichelleY Aug 4th, 2010 10:55 PM

Just last week, Bananarama was on House Hunters International. If I remember correctly, the featured family was from Idaho and purchased it.

Brian Aug 8th, 2010 03:05 PM

I stayed at Bananarama a few years ago when it was under different ownership. I can't say what it's like now, but I looked at their website recently and it looks like they improved it quite a bit. Anyway, I do know that it has a great location at the far end of West Bay beach, with good snorkeling right off shore.