Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   hotel Decameron Los Cocos,Puerta Vallarta (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/hotel-decameron-los-cocos-puerta-vallarta-54213/)

Donna Oct 3rd, 1999 11:02 AM

hotel Decameron Los Cocos,Puerta Vallarta

Will be spending christmas at this resort which is near the fishing village of Rincon de Guayabitos,can't seem to find ant info on this place .Does anyone have first hand experinnce the'd like to share?

shirley Nov 23rd, 1999 10:16 PM

my husband and I have friends who live there. i will be going in a few weeks with my daughter. it is a lovely beach area about 1 hour north of PV. the restaurant prices are very cheap and the food is great. for pictures of the area try www.villasbuenavida.com, another hotel in the area. Have a great time. you will love it.

Leonard Jun 10th, 2000 05:02 PM

Lovely village shame about the resort! <BR>My wife and I booked two weeks at the Royal Decameron, and my brother inlaw and his wife took a last minute seat sale (it only cost them $1.000CDN per person for two weeks)at the Decamaron Los Cocos, it was an incredable price if your not fussy with what you eat and don't need to shower for a week! After a week they were so put out they demanded to be sent to another resort or send them home. They were not the only ones complaining, ultimately they were sent to our resort and at least had one good week of vacation. The Royal Decameron however was just great, I don't know if the same company owns both resorts but there was a vast difference in resorts. My wife and I (and brother inlaw) have nothing bad to say about the Royal Decameron everything was wonderful and look forward to going again next year! Guayabitos is a nice place for shopping and site seeing so is Lapinita close by, the Royal Decamaeron is close to Bucerias. All the villages where great shopping is much cheaper than PV and the Pacifico buses are newer and a cheap way to see the country side.

Irene Dec 15th, 2000 01:38 PM

Going to Decameron los Cocos on 29 Dec. Am worried by the remark about food and showers? Could you please be more specific about the place? I don't want my New Year's ruined. We thought that it would be nice to be a little distance from Vallarta...how's the beach at Rincon de Guyabitos & Decameron? Your replies much appreciated...Thanks.

Randy Jan 28th, 2001 04:30 PM

RE: los coco's, what a dump! You have to be really poor white trash to enjoy this place. "hotdog pizza" need i say more? Delapated, run down hotel, staff don't speak english, the bartender broke a glass in the ice, and continued making drinks with out washing it out! Not enough towels or plates, ever tried eating a dinner off 3 side plates? not exactly classy eh? Beer actually smelt like Poo. no lie. If anyone has had a similar experence please e-mail us so we can use your expearence (& pictures) to go with ours for our law suit. <BR>Randy & Diane