Notices

Hotel between 2 airports SJO and Pavas

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel between 2 airports SJO and Pavas

My husband and I will be flying into SJO in late May, and I'm considering a Nature Air flight (from Pavas to Quepos) the next day. Can anyone recommend a place to stay for that first night that would be convenient to both airports? I was considering the Orquideas Inn, but I'm not sure that it would be close enough to get to the Pavas airport easily. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:52 AM

I believe there is a place called Casa Roland near there, do a search here at fodors I think someone has stayed there before. You could also just fly Sansa and stay closer in Alajuela near the int'l airport.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Well, I have 2 reasons for preferring NatureAir over Sansa. First, I've heard they've got a slightly better safety record (twin engine plans instead of single). Second, at least right now, they have flights for nearly half the fare of the Sansa flights (27+tax vs. 49+tax). We may end up flying Sansa on the return trip if we decide to fly back to SJO on the same day as our flight back to the US (which doesn't leave until 2:20 pm). But if we decide to stay overnight somewhere near San Jose the night before our departure home, then we might as well take the lower fare on Nature Air, right? Anyway, that's why I thought it would be good to find a hotel that was somewhat equidistant between the 2 airports - but that might not be possible. Any other ideas out there?
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 04:16 PM

We're staying at Casa Roland at the end of April, so I"ll post a report - it's 5 minutes from Tobias Bolano airport in Pavas from which Nature Air flies.

We're also staying our last night in CR at the Hotel Villa Bonita - it's 5 minutes from SJO international airport and 20 minutes from Tobias Bolano (so they say). This is a simple friendly B&B frequently recommended on this board.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 08:54 PM

Glover, Humberto and Carmen are looking forward to meeting you! I told them we'd been exchanging e-mails. We had a great time with them on our March trip. Felipe is precious!
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:28 AM

Well, isn't that terrific of you, Shillmac! How nice to feel they'll be looking forward to meeting us as "FOS's"
- Friends of Shillmac. I had some funny back and forth with them to make sure we got a queen size bed. They emailed me back that I could rest assured my marriage would be preserved. . .