Search

destination good for couples only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
destination good for couples only

Hello,
My husband and I are looking for a destination in Mexico that is best to search for a resort that is quieter and for couples or adults only. You hear about college kids and partying going on in Cancun etc, so what area of Mexico is best for quiet and relaxing resorts for our anniversary?
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 10:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think we have enough information as to what you are looking for. You can find quiet resorts in Mexico in many parts. First, I assume you are interested in being on or near a beach? Pacific coast or Caribbean? What types of activities are you looking for? Do you want an all inclusive or not? A big resort or a smaller boutique type hotel? What is your budget? What time of year are going?
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 11:57 AM

Are you looking for an Adults Only all inclusive or non-AI or condo? Riviera Maya has lots of them so depends somewhat on your budget. I've only stayed AI once, at the ABR (Akumal Beach Resort, since remodeled and expanded) and while it is not Adults Only, there were almost no kids there in early May. They do not really cater to kids although they do have a token kids club but no waterslides, character breakfasts, etc.
Catalonia Royal Tulum on Xpu-Ha beach is small, adults only, no dress code or dinner reservations and on a beautiful beach.
Most college kids cannot afford nicer hotels and tend to stay in Cancun at places like Oasis, Riu Cancun and maybe Hard Rock.
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 02:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree, there's loads of places all over the country that might work. I don't think it is about which area you choose, but what resort (hotel or condo) you pick.

https://www.hotelmousai.com/
Is a high-end, adults only resort on the south shore in Puerto Vallarta, just as an example.

Or if it doesn't have to be a "resort" property, something like one of these two boutique hotels, both also south end of Puerto Vallarta:
Casa Isabel Puerto Vallarta Boutique Hotel
Casa Karma Boutique Resort
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 04:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would really help if you gave us a budget.
The Royal HIdeaway Playacar (near Playa del Carmen) is a luxury adults only all inclusive resort. It is on a beautiful beach, has great service, and good food. It is quiet so if you're looking for a lot of nightlife it probably wouldn't be for you.
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 07:02 AM

Another consideration, in addition to budget, is where you are coming from. It will be easier to get to the Caribbean side, the Baja, or the Pacific Coast side... depending your home airport/city location.
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by suze
I agree, there's loads of places all over the country that might work. I don't think it is about which area you choose, but what resort (hotel or condo) you pick.

https://www.hotelmousai.com/
Is a high-end, adults only resort on the south shore in Puerto Vallarta, just as an example.

Or if it doesn't have to be a "resort" property, something like one of these two boutique hotels, both also south end of Puerto Vallarta:
Casa Isabel Puerto Vallarta Boutique Hotel
Casa Karma Boutique Resort

Hotel Mousai came to my mind also. As did Villa Premiere.
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 11:13 AM

Puerto Vallarta Hotels | Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel& Romantic Getaway | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

tom42~ You think that would that be "quiet" enough for this request? It's a fairly large property and right in the Hotel Zone. I know Buenaventura the sister hotel next door is a busy lively kind of place.
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by suze
Puerto Vallarta Hotels Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel& Romantic Getaway Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

tom42~ You think that would that be "quiet" enough for this request? It's a fairly large property and right in the Hotel Zone. I know Buenaventura the sister hotel next door is a busy lively kind of place.

Not sure but when we were in PV in April we walked through the lobby, pool and beach area of Villa Premiere and it was pretty quiet (and not very large but I guess that depends on your perspective). I loved it btw. Think they recently did a remodel and it was very cool. I'd consider staying there next time around. And it is adults only.
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 12:57 PM

Lots of people *LOVE* the place and are return visitors (i know only from being active on the Trip Advisor PV forum).
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:36 AM

Tom~ See all the suggestions above on this thread. It is all current information.
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 10:04 AM
RAC

Half Moon Bay near Akumal is almost all condos for rent and is very secluded--enough restaurants there so that you don't need to walk to the main part of Akumal, but close enough that it's not a problem if you do want to.

There are plenty of All-inclusives that are adults only in the Yucatan.
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 08:57 AM

I'd highly recommend the beach road in Tulum. We stayed at La Zebra boutique hotel and just loved it. Our unit was ground floor and had a private dipping pool (hot or cold). The beach is gorgeous and there are always enough loungers for hotel guests. The restaurant is very good and there are other excellent restaurants in walking distance. The one time there was any noise "after-hours" it was the teenage children of guests of the hotel and they were "shut down" by management within minutes. Very well run place.