Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon: Where in Cancun Hotel Zone? Royal Hideaway?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:37 AM
Shawnie

Hello everybody! <BR><BR>Everyone in here was so helpful to me when I was choosing my Honeymoon a few weeks ago. I chose the Moon Palace for a week. Now I am going to add on a week & I'd love to stay at a place with aquamarine, really swimmable waters & beautiful beach, but lush accomodations like at the Moon Palace. <BR><BR>Can anyone suggest a place, even if not inside the Palace Resorts? Has anyone been to the Royal Hideaway in Playacar? <BR><BR>I am very interested in nice, lush acomodations, all-inclusive dining on-site & most importantly, the aqua waters of the caribbean, very swimmable (not too much coral, etc.) <BR><BR>Any help is MUCH appreciated! Please E-mail me @: [email protected] Thanks! <BR><BR>~Shawnie <BR>

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:35 AM
Nancy

Hello Shawnie,<BR><BR>The Camino Real is nice (the club tower only) and has a beautiful protected beach and great view. <BR><BR>The Ritz Carlton is very 'luxe and the rooms and service are incredible. <BR><BR>However, you are really missing out by considering only the all-inclusives. The fantastic restaurants are one of the best things about visiting Cancun. <BR><BR>We prefer Cozumel and Playa del Carmen to Playacar and Cancun, but it is all personal preference. <BR><BR>Have fun and be sure to venture out - sometimes this is harder when you stay at an all-inclusive because it is so much easier to just sit around the pool enjoying all the "free" drinks and eats!

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:45 AM
joyce

Royal Hideaway is a beautiful property. It is a member of Leading Hotels of the World and a AAA 4 Diamond Hotel. It is all inclusive, they beach is very nice and swimable.<BR>If you cannot afford RH try the Riu Palace.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:08 AM
Shawnie

Thanks Nancy & Joyce!<BR><BR>Joyce: I do recall all the raves the Royal Hideaway got as ratings. I am just very concerned about the beach. Have you been there? I would love it if someone could tell me exactly what it is like?: Clear, aqua water, calm & swimmable?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>~Shawnie

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:19 PM
LIZ

Hi Shawnie,<BR><BR>We stayed at the Royal Hideaway November 2000...The sea was wonderful!...<BR>The water was clear, very little surf and a soft sand bottom...You could stand in water up to your neck and still see your toes!...<BR><BR>You'd have a great time... LIZ

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:16 PM
eileen

If you do a search on google for something like "Cancun, photos, beaches" you will get to this great website that actuallly has photos of the beaches at many of the properties in Cancun and PDC. There are some very nice photos of RH's beach, I think. We are going to RH in April.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:29 PM
eileen

Found the link -- www.cancunandrivieramaya.com<BR>There is a photo of RH's beach

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Shawnie

Thanks so much for that Eileen! I wish they had more than one photo though! But it looks GREAT! I'm set!! <BR><BR>Thanks!! <BR><BR>~Shawnie

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Billy

Just got back from Royal Hideaway on Sunday. Had a great time. Not only was the water clear and refreshing, the beach has a lot more depth than a lot of the neighboring resorts. We saw some beaches that couldn't fit a lot of chairs, some because of erosion problems. Although we didn't take advantage of it, the RH also has wind/sun screens that you can put over your beach chairs.