Honeymoon in Mexico - March 2004

Aug 26th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Honeymoon in Mexico - March 2004

My fiance and I are trying to decide where to go on our honeymoon - Caribbean vs. Mexico (we are from PHL so the trip to the Caribbean is shorter). In Mexico we were looking into Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, and Acapulco. However, we heard that PV can be a big spring break destination and we want to avoid that on our honeymoon!! Does anyone have any insight on this? And what resorts would you recommend that are luxurious but not ridiculously expensive (i.e., Las Ventanas). We also want a place that is somewhat secluded, but is close enough to a town with nightlife if we want a change of scenery. Thanks!
Aug 26th, 2003, 12:55 PM

wow, you have such a choice! A tower room at the Camino Real, Puerto Vallarta would be very nice (try a room with a hot tub on the balcony). I hope to someday stay at La Casa Que Canta (sp?) in Zijuatenejo someday -- looks like the perfect honeymoon spot...
or what about the Mexican Carribbean? I love the JW Marriott Cancun( book a grand ocean front suite), or maybe the Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen? The beaches in Cancun can't be beat...
IMHO, Los Cabos is not really worth the long flight from the east coast...
Puerto Vallarta and many other spots in Mexico are just much more interesting and charming...
Aug 26th, 2003, 01:04 PM

another thought -- The Four Seasons Punta Mita resort near PV sounds wonderful...
Have fun planning!!!
Aug 26th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I've heard that Camino Real in Puerto Vallarta is one of the best. Do you have any idea if we would be affected by spring break college kids? We certainly don't want to go out on the town and have to deal with drunken, out of control kids!
Aug 26th, 2003, 01:34 PM

I haven't been there during spring break, but the Camino Real seems more like an "adult", sophisticated hotel that wouldn't attract a spring break clientele. You might want to check with the hotel directly and ask about that. They are very good either on the phone or about answering emails...