Notices

Honeymoon In Cabo

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:40 PM
tammy

Honeymoon In Cabo

We are planning our honeymoon and looking at Cabo. In particular, we are thinking of staying at Hotel Hacienda- can anyone provide info on Cabo and if it's a good place for a laid back week of beaching? Any info on expected weather? Early October.
Thanks

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Cabo Cutie

Tammy-I seriously suggest you take a look at the old post about Cabo-some VERY disturbing info over 75 posts-few of them positive.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:27 AM
Cindy

If you are wanting to go to Cabo and want to have a relaxing time...quiet..beautiful sunsets...beach to yourself then I recommend The Terrasol condos. Its a beautiful spot!Yet...still walking distance to town. Look up cabovillarentals.com then go to condo rentals. You will pay the same for a room in town as you would for a condo and you have more peace and quiet for a honeymoon! Good Luck!I believe July and August are their rainy season.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:20 AM
Sean

My wife and I first went there a few years ago for our 10th anniv. We liked it so much we've been back at least once a year since. We take our 3 small daughters there for our family vacation every summer. We always stay at the Finisterra. There is a TON of new construction in Cabo, and we don't golf, so we might have to look for another cozy little Mexican town to visit if it keeps growing as it has recently. I would recommend Cabo to pretty much anyone. It is a little bit much of a party town for us, but it's a known quantity and the Finisterra is very cool. Drop me an email if you want.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:28 AM
Sam

Tammy,
My fiancee and I looked into Cabo for our honeymoon and to our dismay, found that the beaches are not great for swimming. The beaches are beautiful, but if you like swimming in the ocean it may not be the place for you. We settled on La Casa Que Canta in Zihuatanejo.

Good luck.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Amelia

I have to disagree with Sam. There are really two beaches in Cabo. The beaches on the Pacific side (by the Finesterra) are NOT swimable. However, the beach on the other side of the harbor is on the Sea of Cortez and is wonderful swimming. You can even take a 10 minute water taxi out to Land's End and have the Pacific on one side and the Sea of Cortez on the other. The beach on the Sea of Cortez is wonderful. There are more hotels on the Sea than on the Pacific. If you want a short walk to the nice beach and only a short walk to town for restaurants, try the Marina Fiesta. We stayed there in Aug 2000 and it was great!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 11:53 AM
another x

The main beaches in Cabo central for swimming are located very very close to the marina and where the cruise ships come in . I am speaking of pollution. The oil slick mentioned could well we from the boats and jet skis as this is a high traffic area for boats and as a result you get you know what. I would not swim in those waters.