Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon Dilema? Westin Regina/Krystal or Camino Real

Apr 6th, 2000, 01:23 PM
Greg

I have been trying to plan our honeymoon for months now but can not find any great information on the three resorts listed to make solid decision.

We are looking for a fun and relaxing enviorment. A place were you are treated as a guest not a pest.

I have seen a few pictures of each of these resorts and from those it seems that the Westin Regina is the cleanist, but I hear the beach is not all that great. I have also heard that the beach at the Camino is great, but buildings look really old?? Any information you can offer would be greatly appreiciated.

We are 25 & 24 respectivly if that helps out and like our privacy but also like the having the option to party.

Also my finace is an avid horse rider and I would love to find out a way to get her on the beach with a horse. Any information trying to figure out how to accomplish this would be great.

Apr 6th, 2000, 01:24 PM
greg

I forgot to mention the location: Puerto Vallarta.

Thanks again for any help you can offer,

Greg

Apr 6th, 2000, 06:17 PM
Helen

We stayed at the Westin Regina Feb./99 and really enjoyed it. The pool is huge with lots of deck chairs, although we did stake out our spots early in the morning as we liked a particular spot. There are quiet areas and the noisy areas where the music blared, games played etc. The beach isn't that great but we are pool people. We liked the area close to the Marina where there are lots of great restaurants if you didn't feel like going into town. The bus stopped at the bottom of the hill from the hotel every few minutes so was no problem going into town whenever you felt like it. The cruise ships and all the party ships came into port beside the Westin so was fun to watch them go out early in the morning and come home at sunset. There is a shopping center not far from the Hotel that we would walk to and pick up the most incredible baked goods first thing in the morning. Could also get beer, wine, pop etc and excellent salsa and gucamole made fresh. We had a timeshare unit so had a kitchen and hot tub on our deck. Don't know if the Hotel has anything like that. Would highly recommend the Westin.

May 2nd, 2000, 09:14 AM
Jackie

I have stayed at the Camino Real and loved it. Have not stayed at the other two, but can say that the Camino Real has a wonderful location on a beautiful beach cove, and is only a 5 minute taxi or bus ride into town. Also, the restaurants in the hotel are very good, and the staff very warm and friendly. The rooms are large and airy, not particularly plush. Note, if you decide to stay here, ask for a room with a balcony, since most of the rooms have only what they call a french balcony.

May 3rd, 2000, 08:39 AM
john chang

Hi Greg, We went to Puerto Vallarta in December '99 and contacted Royale Tours by e-mail. They were highly recommended on the web-sites, so we decided to contact them. We first had correspondence with them for about 2 weeks, those ladies can give you all first-hand information as they are right there in Puerto Vallarta. We chose a cheaper hotel in the downtown area but on the beach, called Playa Los Arcos, that was a great choice for us. I don't know the hotels you are mentioning but I can recommend you to contact this agency. I am sure they will be able to help you to chose your hotel,as well as to plan your excursions, transfers etc. Have a great honeymoon !