Hola from Puerto Vallarta - May/June 2018 edition

May 31st, 2018, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Hola from Puerto Vallarta - May/June 2018 edition

And boy is it HOT here! Any questions? Shout 'em out!

siempre, suze
May 31st, 2018, 01:40 PM

Have Fun!
May 31st, 2018, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Yes I am... went to Mayo Fest, celebrating Vallarta's 100 year anniversary, on the Malecon last night. With some amazing live bands playing, and (literally!) everyone dancing in the streets!!
Jun 4th, 2018, 05:37 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun suze. enjoy!
Jun 5th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

gracias tom42. it's still HOT (ha-ha) but beautiful. My two favorite bands were a gipsy folka y rumba balcanica group from Guadalajara called Xiranda the band that played before the headliner Bomba Estereo from Colombia, who are every bit as fabulous to see live as I imagined.

May is a really busy month in PV. Pride Week wrapped before I arrived. Then Restaurant "Week" which i put in quotes because it's running for more like a month now (3 course, fixed price menus, at 50+ restaurants around the city). June feels noticeably more Mexican as the snowbirds head north and more nationals are vacationing in town. The Malecon on Sunday night was fantastic. Loads of music and street performers. A hula-hooping, fire-twirling duo I hadn't seen before was my favorite!
Jun 7th, 2018, 07:19 AM

Hey Suze: I just returned from a May visit to PV and loved it. I also enjoyed the scene on the Malecon at night and meeting tourists from different parts of Mexico.
Jun 8th, 2018, 06:15 AM

Naturally it's hot, it is the summer, Suze, the 36th summer for me as I''m here year round. Hurricane Aletta about 400 miles off the coast and moving away, a new depression forming down south, so hopefully we will click into our regular late afternoon rain downpours.
Jun 8th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

hola JR, yes of course i know it's the summer time. and yes i know you live there

i was just making conversation. i'm home now but it rained only the last two nights, over night, of my time in PV.
Jul 19th, 2018, 05:46 AM

Hi, Suze
After many years I am finally returning to PV in a few days. I'm going to stay at the Posada de Roger. It sounds like it's right up my alley.

Do people bother with umbrellas?

Unfortunately I pulled something out in my back and I really can barely get around. Hoping I can at least walk to the beach!

Thanks for your help with all things PV!
Jul 19th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

hola cabovaca~ Posada Roger's should be pretty quiet this time of year. When you check in, ask if you can see a couple rooms. Are you going solo? Or with someone? I can suggest some specific room numbers I like. I say this because the prices are the same (rooms are priced per person) but some are a lot nicer than others. Also you can get a min-frig for $5/day extra, and I highly recommend this. They bring it to the room w/ a sturdy wooden table to set it on.

I probably would toss in an umbrella just because of the time of year. You might not need it, but I've been caught in downpours (that come conveniently right when you're trying to go out to dinner!). Good news is, from Roger's there are a dozen+ great restaurants within two blocks. Do you know the neighborhood?

Would you like me to list the cafes, bars, restaurants, bakeries that are closest to you?

How about the favorite places to get a massage?

~suze

Search this Thread