Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Hilton, Park Tower , Sheraton or Marriott in Buenos Aires

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be going there for 4 nights on family vacation and are debating between the four(will be using points). Can you suggest which one. We will be going in Dec so would like rooms where AC works well and ofcourse a good location. At Marriott, Sheraton and Hilton, we would be in the Exec rooms; Park Tower does not have exec room category. Any input so we can decide.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:17 AM

Hilton, hands down. Slightly less convenient on the underdeveloped side of Puerto Madero...but lots of taxis are available. NOt a problem with Exec Rooms, but rooms of lower floors can be noisey due to the Asia de Cuba nightclub downstairs....

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:30 PM

We are staying at the Park Tower next month on points. Let you know how it is.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:45 AM

We just stayed two nights (family of 5) at the Marriott Plaza using points -- good central location at the top of Florida for shopping. The location is more shopping/business feel versus the neighborhood feel of an apartment that we rented later in our trip in Barrio Norte. Glad that we just did two nights here ...I did visit the Hilton at Puerto Madero - new and more contemporary versus older feel of the Plaza ..and as mentioned, easy taxis rides. A lot of night life in the renovated wharfs -- restaurants/clubs -- across the channel from the Hilton.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:26 AM

Hilton or Sheraton Park Tower. The other Sheraton and the Plaza are in a lower level.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:23 AM

I stayed at the Hilton a few months ago, and it was one of the nicest hotels I have ever visited. Big, beautiful rooms; good location; top-notch multi-lingual staff; very clean; and good hotel food. My husband is a Diamond member, and the Executive Floor Hospitality Suite was the nicest I have ever experienced in a Hilton. They put out a great breakfast every morning, and had open bar with a delicious and extensive buffet (hot and cold foods) from from around 6:00 to 9:00 each evening. A couple of nights we were really tired and just made dinner of that.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:46 AM

I stayed at the Park Tower Sheraton last February and it was wonderful!
Although it did not have an Executive Level, I had a Deluxe Room with Butler Service. My room rate also included a buffet breakfast.
The room was tastefully decorated and had a beautiful spacious, modern marble bathroom.
I am booked to stay there in March.
And the staff are very helpful and professional.
I can't wait to return!
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Original Poster

What does Butler Service at the Park Tower offer you??
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:59 AM

The 24 Butler service is your own private butler. You can ask for anything that you wish and if he is able to provide or assist, then he'll do it.
Instead of calling to the front desk, then you can call him.
I needed a converter and toothpaste on my last trip and I did not have to leave my room to try and locate it.
If you need help with entertainment or points of interest, he can help, rather than having to go the concierge.
It's like one stop shopping!
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM

I would go also with the Hilton, it is located in a new area called Puerto Madero, which in itself is exciting, but you will be like a little off the traditional Buenos Aires. Anyway taxis are so inexpensive and there are plenty of them.
Puerto Madero, was an area full of deposits by the water canals near the port, or in the port rather. Many of those red brick deposit buildings have been recycled and turned into very nice restaurants, The Hilton is very modern .It is a totally new building. The whole area is safe and you can walk around. I hope they have a pool, it is very hot in Buenos Aires during the Summer and a nice pool I am sure is going to be very welcome by you. I can bet they have one. Checking would not hurt. Buena suerte.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 03:57 PM

My daughter was in BsAs last week and stayed at the Hilton....very nice and has an outdoor pool. Concorde, we are staying at the Park Tower in a few weeks, thanks for the nice review.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your input. I think we will opt for the Hilton.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Get the telephone numbers of a couple of good radio taxi companies to get back to the Hilton.
some good ones I like, Pidalo 4956-1200
Premium, xxx
Free Taxi 4943 2003 Good luck.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 02:23 PM

Yes...only use Radio Taxis. We did not know, and were defrauded by a taxi driver when in Buenos Aires. He told us that our Argentinean 100 Peso bills were no good, and switched two of them with counterfit bills. Naive, trusting Americans...oh:!