Help with food please

Dec 5th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Original Poster
Help with food please

Staying at the Melia Cariari in January which is supposed to be about 1/2 way between San Jose and the airport. I've been told on this bulletin board that there are no restaurants near the Melia.

Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost to San Jose round trip for dinner? Does anyone know how good the food is at the Melia? Probably not good if there's no competition around. I would like to eat a few good dinners while I'm there and will splurge on a taxi into town a few nights for some good food. What are your favorite restaurants and how much is it going to cost me to get there in a taxi?
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Have driven by it many times but never really paid much attention to how long it took to get into town. Even stopped there one time on the only group tour I have ever taken. Don't sell the food short. There is a country club type developement, which our tour guide pointed out, with very nice homes adjacent to it so they may have good food to try to entice those people over for dinner. There is a very long narrow golf course there also. Just for the record...CR is not really known for really good food. Over the last 5 years or so I have seen a real effort by the hotels and lodges to get more international in their menus. The Cariari is a very nice place so I would think they would have decent food.

Search this Thread