Help! Tabacon won't respond to reservation request

Nov 28th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Help! Tabacon won't respond to reservation request

We have been trying for a week to make a reservation at Tabacon Lodge. I filled out their online reservation form and have sent them two notes in both Spanish and English, asking for a confirmation. So far, absolutely no response. What's up with this???

Also, I have sent an email to El Sapo Dorado , and 2 days later, zippo. Is it better to use a travel agent?
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:29 PM

It took them about ten days to get back to me...that's the way it works. Changes in lattitude...you know the Jimmy Buffet song. They'll get back to you. We're going there in june. good luck
jack
Nov 29th, 2004, 05:24 AM

It took them a while to get back to me too. I think maybe that's just how it is over there?
Laurie
Nov 29th, 2004, 09:06 AM

Not usually. We've always had prompt responses (2-3 days) to most of our inquiries. However, they are approaching a very busy time of year and I'm sure they are swamped with people trying to make last minute reservations where there is no space left! We've never contacted Tabacon, so yes, their track record could very well be slow. I would consider them the exception rather than the rule, however. Or perhaps we've just been lucky. . .
Nov 29th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Well, I finally received an email from Tabacon saying they have no rooms available the last week in February. Too bad it took them 8 days to respond...now I have to search for another place to stay in that area, and more time has passed. Sigh. Suggestions, anyone?
Nov 29th, 2004, 12:42 PM

The same thing happened to me-I called up and they said they had rooms available for my time but I must fill out the online form. I did this and then days later got an email back saying that one of the nights I requested was booked. We are staying at the Aerenal Paraiso for the other night.
Nov 29th, 2004, 02:41 PM

If it is cost-prohibitive for you to call them from home, can you call them from work? :-" They pretty much all speak English there.
Nov 29th, 2004, 06:00 PM

I just posted a message saying that I have been trying for three weeks & I speak spanish! Sent them 4 e-mails.I noticed they have an 800# mon-fri that you might try. In Monteverde I am debating between Sapo Dorado, Fonda Vela
or Monteverde Lodge. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks lm1025
Nov 29th, 2004, 06:21 PM

Hi,
Just returned from there. Try e-mailig Rita Castro Castillo from reservations at [email protected]. This worked for me when I booked with them. She was very nice and relatively prompt- 3 -5 days. Good luck. We had a great time.
Nov 29th, 2004, 06:45 PM

We just got back on Sunday. While in Arenal we stayed at the Lost Iguana Resort. And I can not say enough wonderful things about it. It was the best place that we stayed in C.R.. the rooms were huge, the view was perfect of the volacano (we could even see the lava!!!), the owner and the staff treated us like family. And the food was delicious, and I live in Louisiana and it is hard to compare with the great food from home. It is walking distance from the hanging bridges which were great and only a 10 min drive from the Sky Walk....alot of fun. We drove to the hot springs one night we did not go to Tabacon due to all of the negative things that we were hearing form other tourist. They had a place directly accross the street for only $8 and alot less crowded. It was very nice! Anyway, back to the Lost Iquana, if you can try to stay there, you will not be dissapointed. We also stayed ant Makanda by the sea in M.A. and The Lost Iquana made Makanda feel like a motel 6.