Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Help. Seeking charter flight info to Puerto Vallarta from LA.

Notices

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 01:38 AM
margarita

Planning a quick get-away to Puerto Vallarta in June with a departure out of LAX. Heard there are 3days/4 nights air and hotel packages available. Have looked on the net and haven't found anything yet. I live in Europe and will be vacationing in LA for family visit but would like to get it wrapped up before I get there. Any help would be appreciated. Mucho appreciated and also what is the weather like in June?
Gracias, Margarita

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Earl

Check out Sun Trips. They fly from LA to Puerta Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cancun and a couple of other spots in Mexico. The website is: http://www.suntrips.com/
Weather on the coast is hot and humid with some rain. Still my favorite time to be in Mexico. I love the "off" season.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Lisa

Hello! I too am going from LA to PV at the end of May into the beg. of June. I checked out many sites/places and Apple Tours (appletours.com)seem to have incredible deals down there. Also there is another 800 phone number for a company that I used that was fanstastic but don't have it handy right now, I will definitly post it later. Also if you wanted to make arrangements seperately I have found some incredible flights using Orbitz.com (as low as $260 round trip) LA to PV. There are many deals for hotels and condos you can then book on your own. Many of these places you can find checking out the threads through this site by checking out the entire site by plugging in key words like Puerto Vallarta Hotels or Condos. Hope this helps and I will post that phone number later! Lisa

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Helonwhels

www.applevacations.com

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 01:58 AM
margarita

Thank you to all the above who responded. Lisa, I would love the 800 #. From what info I have gathered, Puerto Vallarta seems to be a lovely spot. Muchas gracias.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Lisa

Hi Margarita! I can't wait to have some PV margaritas! Sorry it took me so long to get this number out to you... Its Baja Motion Tours at 800-511-4848. Also there is a guy named JR who is all over the place on this site and he also has his own site which again I would have to get back to you on! Can't remember it by heart but he really seems to know his stuff, lives down there etc. I need to write him actually about european soccer viewing down there before going myself for my husband. Again good luck and if you get a chance let me know how you made out, Lisa

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Lisa

Hello again, just checking to make sure this previous note was posted as it did not come up on my computer at work? I know that makes no sense and its really bugging me!Lisa

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Susan

Check out Expedia and also pricelien and HOTWIRE!

Old May 4th, 2002, 10:15 AM
pvdeb

JR's site if at www.vallarta-info.com and he offers a wealth of info on PV and knows it inside out from living there. Also check out www.todopv.com which is a great site and has a very active message board full of PV lovers. You will learn more than you can do in one trip. Have a great time, but watch out...PV gets into your blood and you'll want to come back.

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:10 PM
Lynda

I know this is a little late

But I thought I'd drop it, this place has THE best prices for vacations. You get a better deal on hotel/air as opposed to just air or hotel. We're going to PV in August, and this will be the first time I've used them...although my travel agent husband used them before and had nothing but good things to say. They're a subsidiary of NorthWest.

Check it out:

http://www.worryfreevacations.com/

Old May 21st, 2002, 01:57 PM
Susan

Depends on what kind of hotel you want to stay at. There are still many small simple family-run hotels in "old town" Puerto Vallarta for $25-48US/per night. Old town is a beautiful neighborhood... cobblestone street, red tile roofs, etc.

The package deals usually stick you out in a "normal" hotel chain in the Hotel Zone or The Marina, which is aways outside El Centro (downtown) back towards the airport.

Search this site, and if you haven't already, Lonely Planet Thorn Tree is a good BB. Also as mentioned above www.todopv.com has great PV info!