Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Help! Does anyone know/ has anyone heard anything about Peace Lodge's sister property (The Springs Resort and Spa)??!!

Help! Does anyone know/ has anyone heard anything about Peace Lodge's sister property (The Springs Resort and Spa)??!!

Old Jan 21st, 2009, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just when we thought we were all set with alternative arrangements to the Peace Lodge (we decided to stay at El Silencio Lodge and Spa in Bajos del Toro)... we received a phone call and email yesterday from the General Manager explaining that, due to the earthquake, the hotel was making structural improvements to the property. This means that there will be heavy machinery operating on the premises during our stay that "will disrupt the general peace and quiet that characterize the property." As a result, the hotel is giving us the option to cancel our reservation or still visit at a discounted rate. DH and I are very disappointed (although we fully understand that the work is unavoidable and of course feel terrible about the devastating earthquake), because we were really looking forward to total R&R there. If we decide not to go, it seems that our final option is Peace Lodge's sister property (the springs resort and spa). It gets great reviews on tripadvisor, but I haven't really heard anything about it on this board and was hoping that someone either stayed there or knows someone who has and could give some feedback about it. Any advice would be very appreciated....

Thanks!
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 02:50 PM
RAC

The Springs is in an entirely different area. It's in the same area as Silencio de Campo.

There are other very fine places in the same general area as Peace Lodge--Xandari, etc etc.
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions of other places in the Peace Lodge area. We are aware that The Springs Resort is in an entirely different area (Arenal). Although we weren't planning on going to that area during this visit, we don't feel that any of the other hotels in the Peace Lodge area (though I am sure they are wonderful) will give us the experience that we were looking for (that the Peace Lodge would have given us). So, we would have no problem visiting the Arenal area on this trip and returning one day in the future to visit the Peace Lodge. I am hoping that someone has stayed at The Springs or knows someone who has and can provide some feedback about it. Thanks!
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:18 AM

I posted our "inspection report" on The Springs about three weeks ago.

Click on this link: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35173728

If the link doesn't work. Just click on my name to scroll through my posts. It is clearly marked.

They are also giving guests who stay at least two nights, two free massages!

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can offer any more advice.

Warm Regards,
Pat Hewitt
Travel Professional
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:39 AM

I haven't stayed there, but I hear nothing but rave reviews. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Pat and Volcanogirl. Pat- I read your report and it was great. It makes me more excited to stay there now. I spoke to management yesterday to inquire about construction noise, as I know the hotel isn't fully completed. They said it would be minimal, so I am hoping that will be the case. I guess we're also not expecting the quiet experience that we would expect from El Silencio Lodge had it not been under construction. And now I guess we can go to SkyTrek after all (if I can muster enough courage!)!
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM

When we were at the Peace Lodge this summer, they showed us a video of the new place, and it looked wonderful, particularly the springs. I think you would like it. Let us know how you liked SkyTrek too!