Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Help Booking Ramada at Lima Airport (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/help-booking-ramada-at-lima-airport-289165/)

Paulo59 Jan 21st, 2008 08:42 AM

Help Booking Ramada at Lima Airport

When trying to book the Costa Del Sol Ramada at Lima Airport online the price is $274 incl. tax. I have heard that you can obtain discounts for more like $133/night by using Peruvian travel agents. I have emailed a couple and even called one but they do not seem to get back to me. Can anyone recommend an agent who can do this for me. Can you give me their email address? Thanks!

luv2globetrot Jan 21st, 2008 01:30 PM

Hello,
We stayed there in September and used EnjoyPeru (enjoyperu.com).
I found a rate of $160 US per night (including all taxes and breakfast).
The rate from Ramada directly was much more, around $245. Not sure we would've stayed there had we not gotten the rate from Enjoy Peru.
It was a bit of work going through them, but after a few e-mails they did contact me. Then we had to e-mail copies of our passports and our credit card.

The rate was non-refundable, which I don't normally like, but I made an exception here since the alternatives were so limited. It did take about 2 weeks for the whole transaction to occur and get confirmation. It was a bit of a headache, but overall, I think it was worth the savings.

Good luck and hope this helps.
:)>-

tatersalad Jan 21st, 2008 03:15 PM

www.interhabit.com

We have booked with this agency for $156 per night pre-paid. There is a cancelation fee of $30 if you cancel before one week of check-in, other wise no refund (as I remember). Our reservation is for March. This agency has been very responsive to my requests and I had conformation within two days with no email of passport copies or anything like that, make sure that the credit card you use has the same name as one of the persons name on the reservation. They have emailed us vouchers to present at check-in.

Check out the above posted link to Interhabit.

Happy travels :)

JAGM Jan 21st, 2008 06:02 PM

Does the InterHabit Travel Network have a good reputation?

tatersalad Jan 22nd, 2008 10:21 AM

To be honest with you, I only know what my own experience has been with them so far. They were very quick to respond to my questions and booking request. I have a pre-paid voucher to present at the hotel upon arrival. I had a positive feel when dealing with them via email and continue to feel good (for now) about the transaction. I guess that if it doesn't work out when we check-in; that will be a different story and we will have to do a stop payment on the credit card. I think that the agency is from Argentina. Over the years I have made many of this type of hotel arrangement for Europe and Asia and have never gotten hurt (yet). One time we used an internet broker from Australia for a hotel booking in Prague and when we presented the pre-paid vouchers at the hotel, they had to make a phone call to someone for some reason and that is the only time that was even close to a problem. I think that if one is booking a tour package the possibility of things not being as presented is much greater than a simple hotel booking. It could be good advice for you to post the question on this and other South American travel forums to ask about Interhabit and see if anyone else has a good or bad experience with them. :)

JAGM Jan 22nd, 2008 04:06 PM

Tatersalad, thanks for the information. I looked at their web site and things look good. I'll probably use them for the hotel res. Thanks.

Paulo59 Jan 26th, 2008 12:08 PM

Thanks everyone. The very pleasant people at Enjoy Peru helped me book a room for 2 including all taxes and breakfast for $172. Much better than the $274 expected on the Ramada website. Yes, we did have to prepay though.

emd Oct 3rd, 2008 05:58 PM

Thanks for this info! I emailed enjoyperu.com and they have given me a rate of $192 for a night in April at the Ramada at Lima Airport, as opposed to $262 through the hotel website.

I am finding that it pays to use a peruvian travel agency to reserve hotels. I am getting better rates from those agencies than from the hotel sites.

emd Oct 3rd, 2008 06:37 PM

and the $192 rate includes breakfast, so it is a good deal

cmerrell Oct 5th, 2008 08:12 AM

Hi emd,

We used EnjoyPeru as well, based on luv2globetrot's positive experience with them. We had them book the Ramada and also our hotel in Cusco. They could have helped us with our MP train tickets as well when we were having issues buying online, but my traveling companion was able to get that sorted out with Peru Rail.

We leave in about 3 weeks! :-)