Notices

Help!

Dec 3rd, 2011, 11:48 PM
Original Poster

Help!

So I can't decide...huge problem of mine in life lol! Just don't want to miss out on anything. We can't decide on our base honeymoon spot for the first leg of our trip to Belize. Deciding on Matachica, Portofino, or Victoria House. Any advice on deciding which one? I have looked at all and read all the reviews on trip advisor and just can't make up our minds. Please help anyone!
Dec 4th, 2011, 03:39 AM

www.victoria-house.com my fav best

vibe/price see cntraveler.com

www.robertsgrove.com awesome on the mainland.
Dec 4th, 2011, 05:33 AM

Mata Chica and Portofino look really lovely in pictures. I've hardly been by either one, they're five or six miles north of town, mostly accessible by boat. If you mainly want to hang at the resort, maybe go to town for dinner one night, either would be fine. I don't know either property well enough to choose between them....

Victoria House is two miles south of town. Easy golf cart or cab ride into town. During the day, you can walk the beach into town, and cab back.

It's a beautiful property. Has a plantation 'feel' to it. Lots of loungers and beds on the beach, pretty spread out, you aren't on top of the next person. Several pools. The restaurant gets really good reviews, although I've never eaten there.

I like the town of San Pedro. Yea, it's busy, and dusty, but, it's fun. I like watching the kids go to and from school. I enjoy the Belizean people. If you stay far north, your only exposure to Belizeans will be service personnel.
Dec 4th, 2011, 06:09 AM

We love Victoria House - great location but feels very private and quiet. It's a gorgeous property and has good food like Jean mentioned. The beach is absolutely beautiful with palm trees, hammocks, and loungers. We had it all to ourselves when we went. They organized our trip to Hol Chan and did a great job.

Search this Thread