Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Hedonism . Is it a haven for singles ? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/hedonism-is-it-a-haven-for-singles-237810/)

author Jul 8th, 2002 07:23 PM

Hedonism . Is it a haven for singles ?

Is it a great place for singles in their 30's in meeting other singles of the opposite sex. What kind of a crowd does the Hedonism holiday resort attract and what is the atmosphere ?<BR>thanks.

Nancy Jul 9th, 2002 04:30 AM

Well, it depends on what you are looking for.<BR>If you want casual sex with skanky men/women/couples/foursomes, this is the place for you!<BR>Clothing (and taste) optional? Then Hedo all the way!<BR>Frankly, I wouldn't suggest it for anyone who didn't have a clue as to what they were getting into.<BR>It's basically an orgy 24/7 with occasional tacky games like "find the weenie" thrown in.

Geography ? Jul 9th, 2002 05:56 PM

Did I miss something and not hear that Jamaica has floated over and attached itself to Latin America? Or did I go into the wrong forum?

author Jul 9th, 2002 06:07 PM

Nobody talked about Jamaica.

Hedonism Jul 9th, 2002 07:50 PM

Well then please do share where in Latin America we can find a Hedonism resort?

Brazil Jul 9th, 2002 09:11 PM

BRAZIL ! ! !

Hit it Jul 10th, 2002 04:31 AM

By all means, go then. I'm sure YOU will fit right in.

dnc Jul 10th, 2002 06:16 PM

Nancy sure sounds like she knows a lot about the place! Is she telling us to go or stay away so she can have it all to herself?

Nancy Jul 11th, 2002 05:03 AM

Yeah, right dnc.<BR>I would just love to spend time with the folks there. Puh-leeze.<BR>Actually, I am well-read and well-traveled and pay attention to the other poster's comments on the board.<BR>The Hedonism chain is well-known for group and casual sex - not my thing. Sorry to disappoint you!

pam Jul 11th, 2002 06:01 AM

Nancy, hate to break your fantasy but not everyone there engage in group or casual sex. Went with my fiance there before. Met a lot of other couples. Got propositioned for swinging but declined. Nobody is going to force you to do something you don't want to do. Didn't see a lot of singles, mostly couples.

Nancy Jul 11th, 2002 06:14 AM

Pam, I don't have any fantasies about (or interest in) a place that condones and encourages the type of behavior Hedonism is known for. <BR>Based on what I've read/heard, I gave my impression/opinion to the original poster.

hellohedonism Jul 11th, 2002 07:21 AM

does anyone have a website on this resort?

xxx Jul 11th, 2002 08:03 PM

Is it a heaven for singles ?-NO, it's not ! most peoples there are couples.

Dennis Jul 11th, 2002 08:54 PM

Went to Hedonism II in Jamaica back in 97 and let's just say that there were a lot of men there. When you think about it, why would an attractive single woman need any help in getting picked up or having a good time. <BR><BR>Lots of couples, single guys, and nudists. I also got the impression that the chain pushed travel agents to give discounts to exotic dancers from the states...to spice things up. <BR>