Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page > Has anyone travelled with a 6 month old to Blancaneaux?

Has anyone travelled with a 6 month old to Blancaneaux?

Jun 16th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone travelled with a 6 month old to Blancaneaux?

We are considering joining family for a 10 day vacation to Blancaneaux and Turtle Inn in December, but we will have a 6 month old with us. How bad is the "bumpy" 2.5 hour drive from the airport? How bad are the mosquitoes? I'm not too concerned about baby friendly activities, because we will have enough babysitters to watch him while the adults go out and play. I'm mainly concerned about baby safety and travel issues...
Jun 16th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Yes, I have gone with kids of all ages to both of these inns and all were fine, as are the kids who live in these areas. BL does not have mossies as much as bottleass, small biting bugs at times. TI could have some mossies and sandflies, again, depending on rain and breeze. Use spray if needed and mossies and sandlies can be out at dawn and dusk for about 30 mins-so stay inside if they are out and wait til they are gone. I do not think it should be an issue. Perhaps other posters who stayed at each will respond. Both mossies, sandflied and bottleass are out after rains, if it is dry, it will not be a problem.

Search this Thread