Canadian woman claims raped by Mexican Police

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Canadian woman claims she was raped by Mexican police over New Year's while visiting there with her boyfirend. The Canadian government is investigating the charge.
http://latinamericacurrentevents.com...exican-police/
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM

No matter what the true facts are once you add in excessive alcohol consumption your credibly is nil.
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 07:15 PM

Stewbear: Does your attitude include short skirts, big busts, long blond hair? Rape is rape! Are you saying if, booze in involved the local police can do what they want to tourists?
Many thousands of tourists are-over-the-top intoxicated on Mexican booze. I would shudder to think that drinking booze or any other tourist activity sanctions this sort of depravity!
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 04:30 AM

Attorney General for the state of Quintana Roo, Francisco Alor Quezada, told QMI Agency Tuesday the couple had been arrested because they were drunk and fighting and had damaged a car belonging to a resident during the scuffle. They were then brought to a cell specifically for tourists.

“Apparently they came to an agreement with the car owner and were released,” he said. “It was only later they came forward with the rape allegations.”

The attorney general said the woman underwent a rape test which came back negative...

More will be revealed...
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
This brand new poster has plastered these forums with a number of controversial news situations for this part of the world. I can't help wonder about his motivation for doing this.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Hi suze: I am not quite sure I am a brand new poster. I have been posting for a year. Clearly, not as long as you have. I have responded and posted on a variety of subjects including the recent announcement of Panama to provide emergency and medical insurance to tourists. I do post stories about safety and security issues if it involves a foreigner in a particular country. There is a lot of material in the press that never reaches travelers. Since I am retired from a position in safety and security, I tend to follow a lot of those stories and feel they may help a traveler. I don't think of the posts being controversial if they are posting an event or situation and involve tourism. The point is to be better informed, therefore providing a better travel experience.
I had no intent on offending you.
crowdpub
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not offended. Thank you for the explanation.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 05:26 PM

Condu I do apologize as obviously I did not make my self clear to you. I'll try again.
Once you over indulge you just a well put your car title, house deed & all your credit cards on the bar as one wasted has no credibility. This has nothing to do how one dresses Where you got that out of my post is beyond me.
My point is Moderation in Mexico, the US or an place else if your smart!
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 07:46 PM

You are absolutely right. I was in Playa in Dec and Jan. including NYE. I am there every year and never have I seen as many drunk, passed out, filth as I did this year. I have no idea what happened to this couple. If the allegations are true then it needs to be dealt with. If they are not, then it's not. It won't be the first time charges are found to be untrue. Bad things happen in Mexico and in the Yucatan...no doubt. I would not be sad if all the drunken partygoers stayed home or went elsewhere. Sorry to be so blunt but I get really tired of people assuming that since it's Mexico you can do what you want without a care in the world. It's paradise, after all. As I said, if the allegations are true then I am sorry it happened to this woman and should not be brushed aside.
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 06:57 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2011/...l-resorts.html
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 06:59 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/0...era-hotel.html