Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever stayed at the Qualton Club in Puerto Vallarta?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 08:58 PM
Lisa

Any feedback would be great. Have been looking for a cheaper getaway and this hotel came up?

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 08:28 AM
KIMBERLY

YES, MY HUSBAND AND I STAYED THERE ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO. WE WERE ALSO LOOKING FOR AN AFFORDABLE GET AWAY.<BR>WE REALLY ENJOYED OURSELVES. WE HAD NEVER BEEN TO AN ALL INCLUSIVE AND REALLY LIKED THE EXPIERENCE. WE ALSO SAW THAT A RECENT ISSUE OF SPA FINDER MAGAZINE (JULY/AUGUST 2002)FEATURED QUALTON CLUB AS A GOOD REASONABLY PRICED SPA. WE TOOK A HORSEBACK RIDE IN THE JUNGLE THAT WE BOOKED AT THE QUALTON. THE RIDE WAS AT A PLACE CALLED RANCHO INDIO. THAT WAS A GREAT EXPIERENCE. YES, WE RECOMMEND THE QUALTON.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:51 AM
Lisa

Thanks so much for your response. We weren't getting much feedback on the Qualton and were beginning to get a little worried about staying there!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:04 PM
Debbie

Hi Lisa<BR><BR>We stayed at the Qualton Club Nov 2001. We were invited to join friends who had stayed there twice before - and weren't disappointed!<BR><BR>Our first room was pretty noisy - on 3rd floor over the evening entertainment. We asked to be moved and they were very helpful, and we then had the most amazing view from a 10th floor ocean front room. <BR><BR>We loved it - only thing we weren't keen on was the buffet restaurant - the setting and the food, but I think that's probably just us - we prefer to eat a la carte and outside if possible (too many months in the gloomy English rain!).<BR><BR>Would definitely recommend it for a good value break. If you can and the time of year is right, see the turtles hatching at the next hotel along - they have a special sealed off section for them and you get to release them into the sea each night - magical. We also went on a great tailor made day tour with a guy called Pablo in an open topped converted pick up truck - I believe he's well known locally..<BR><BR>Enjoy!<BR><BR>Debbie

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:16 PM
Chulo

Lisa, We stayed in June 2002. We were leary of staying in the hotel zone since there are much nicer areas in PV but since we have kids, all inclusive seemed right and the price couldnt be beaten. We werent disappointed. Had a room on the 1st floor initially and it didnt smell that great so we switched to the 11th floor. Much better and views very nice. Good entertainment, very easy to get from there to town. Grocery store within walking distance. We have been to other all inclusives and I thought for the price the food was pretty good. The only thing I didnt like is that during the day they serve drinks in little plastic juice glasses. At night they give you real glass. Overall good value for the money. Have fun!!!!

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 08:40 AM
jj

My husband &amp; I stayed at the Qualton last January and loved it. Our 11th floor room had the most fantastic view, and when you come out of your room into the hallway, large floor-to-ceiling windows give you a fabulous view of the rest of the city and the mountains! We would definetly go back.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Lisa

Thanks so much for all of your responses. Now I can't wait to get there!