Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page > Has anyone done a live aboard dive trip from here? Costa Rica.

Has anyone done a live aboard dive trip from here? Costa Rica.

Mar 13th, 2000, 05:30 PM
Martha

Has anyone done a live aboard dive trip from here? Costa Rica.

Go to the Flamingo Marina Web site (in the Guanacaste region on the Pacific) (sorry, I don't have the URL) and ask for info. It's the only full-service marina between Baja and Panama. Lots of fishing/dive boats out of there. I saw a documentary recently where a group of live-aboards did a dive excursion around the Cocos...apparently a great haven for shark. Quite exhilarating by all accounts! Good luck.

Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:20 PM

I know this post is REALLY old and seems odd no one ever responded to it - so for others out there who might be interested-

My daughter just got back from a live aboard - the "Sea Hunter" to the Cocos Islands. Cocos Island is 300 miles off the coast of Costa Rica mainland.

She says its the most fabulous trip of her life- she dived with schools of hundreds of hammerhead sharks, a Tiger shark, lots of reef sharks and Galapagos sharks, rays, dolphins and lots of other critters of the deep.

I am glad I didn't know all this until after she got back- but it was a fabulous trip

Search this Thread